Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Support to others in the Forums: Use the "Needs Reply!" Once you do post here to let us know!

Laura July 21st, 2016

Spread more love by replying to your fellow community members in the forum! We have created a handy tool for you to easily find new threads and posts to reply to. Sharing in the forum can be very brave & we all deserve a reply. Give the gift of love and connection to the community by replying to posts!

Here is how:

Step 1: Go to Forum Page: https://www.7cups.com/forum/

Step 2: Review all the threads which appear & start replying!

Step 3: Post in this thread and let us know how many needs replies you responnded to. Ex. "I just replied to 4 ppl!!"

Step 4: REPEAT!

Make this a regular part of your engagement at 7 Cups! Once you have replied to a few people, let us know by posting in this thread!

Rosesweet July 21st, 2016

I tried to post to the poems section but the page is broken 😕..

Laura OP July 21st, 2016

@Rosesweet

OH no! did you find it?

@Laura No

skunkfrolicking4342 July 21st, 2016

@Rosesweet lol love the honesty <3

DeborahUK July 21st, 2016

@Laura

How can you ensure that new posts to all threads get replies? Needs reply section only relates to new threads. Some of the posts on 'things I've never told anyone', for example, are heartbreaking, and just crying out for reply. But many seem to go unnoticed.

Laura OP July 21st, 2016

@DeborahUK

Great question. We won't be able to get to all of them because there are many. But working our way down the list is a great start. :)

@Laura

But filtering them would be a start. There are some new threads that are practically rhetorical, but they get flagged as needing reply, whilst people pouring their heart out are blanked. Just saying, is there a better way?

Laura OP July 21st, 2016

@DeborahUK

Ah, I see! Unfortunately, there is not. Can you do the best you can? Keep scrolling down for more posts :)

@Laura

I'm not sure we're on the same page, and I don't want to dominate this thread because it's a great reminder. But to check for all new replies to all threads, you would have to go through each forum category AND sub category. It would be an onerous task. I was just wondering if it could be filtered in some way, but from what you've said it seems not. Personally I think it's a bit of an oversight, but I remain a huge fan of 7 cups :)

Laura OP July 21st, 2016

@DeborahUK

If you click the needs reply button, a page of all the threads that need reply will appear. Select a few that you'd feel comfortable replying to and dive in. That is all this thread is about. The needs reply page may have a few threads that do not necessarily need a reply. You can leave these and find any others that you'd like to reply to. If you'd like to reply to posts that are not in new threads, that is cool too! but the needs reply button will not help much.

And im still a big fan of 7 Cups too!! :D

@Laura

Needs reply relates to new threads. What I'm talking about is existing threads where you've invited people to pour their heart out, such as the confessions, something I've never told anyone. New posts to old threads don't get flagged as needing reply, but in my opinion, many desperately need reply, far more than some of the rhetorical new threads. Am I making myself any clearer? Seems to me we're talking about different things.

Laura OP July 21st, 2016

@DeborahUK

Yes, I understand. Unforunately, the feature cannot be set up that way. Everyone is still welcome to reply to those threads (hope you do). But this thread is just about using the needs reply for new threads :)

BridgetAileen July 22nd, 2016

I agree that those posts aren't easy or quick to find. Once you get to the thread, you have to go though all the pages. I always wish there was an easier way to find new posts without having to spend so much time hunting. That hunting time is time we could have been responding to posts. crying

EleNergy July 21st, 2016

@Laura Seriously love this feature! I've been using this every day!

HopieRemi July 21st, 2016

I replied to 3 people!

rozie July 21st, 2016

@Laura

rozie July 21st, 2016

@Laura

Yes i think this is good addition and often go to the "Needs Reply" and write a reply. Even one reply could make a difference in someone's day!

MissZ July 21st, 2016

@Laura I have replied to four people! I really love this feature, it makes it so much easier to find threads that need a reply and people who are in need of support.

skunkfrolicking4342 July 21st, 2016

Replied to 5+ post

and feel epic :D <3

AnyaS July 21st, 2016

I just replied to 3 people and I'm continuing to do so! :) Great Idea @Laura!

LucyInTheSky July 21st, 2016

@Laura Replied to 5 posts! I also love this feature :D

@LucyInTheSky encourage be kind helpful compassionate. ...💑💞

@Rosesweet To one another ..love one another as I have loved You ..

JoshuaCG20 July 22nd, 2016

@Rosesweet. I like your post.

koreaboo July 21st, 2016

I have replied to 4 "Needs reply" posts :)

Sometimes we grow mature and see things differently from the way we used to.

Some people are shocked to see us grow in directions which they have stopped.

Sometimes the past changes the furture.

And people leave us because they are afraid of the unknown.

Time can seriously damage your health

If you stay with people who are not a good example ...we can adopt their behaviours. .but only if we let it . Otherwise they better watch out a new person is amerging. .

@Rosesweet. Awesome.

musicalTouch59 July 21st, 2016

Just replied to 4! This is terrific a great way to make sure that everyone gets a reply.

The only problem is that people responding to threads still won't be able to all get replies. Which is rather sad especially after they open up and share something.

musicalTouch59 July 21st, 2016

I just saw that @DeborahUK had already brought up this problem. It's really sad that nothing can be done

Arabellah July 21st, 2016

@musicalTouch59

I was going to mention this. Glad to see someone is already on the ball ❤

@musicalTouch59. Amen.

Arabellah July 21st, 2016

This is brilliant ❤

July 22nd, 2016

I always go there and reply if I can say something that can help. I don't count, but I know that I replied to lots of them.

bestVase7265 July 22nd, 2016

I replied to 4 threads with people needing encouragement. I just tend to go on some of the recent postings and can always find someone that needs help. I do it every evening.

AffyAvo July 22nd, 2016

I got to 3 today. I used to do quite a few more when this feature was new but so many others are helping out with this now, so there aren't as many recent ones hanging around for long!

SweetSara16 July 22nd, 2016

@Laura I responded to one about finding support systems and developing them. It's a great topic!

Rhea July 22nd, 2016

I just replied to three of them! <3

BestIcanbe July 22nd, 2016

@RheaValentina21

You mean three people? You know, living, breathing with thoughts and feelings. Or you mean three posts? By people. But please not 'them'.

Rhea July 22nd, 2016

@BestIcanbe

Okay I'm sorry :(

Unicornriley July 22nd, 2016

Awesome! Am doing that now!