Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

ENTIRE COMMUNITY PROJECT! WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS

Laura March 16th, 2015

Welcome new members who post in this thread!

We get many new members who post in this thread EVERYDAY! I need your help in welcoming them to our community. Post in there, say hello! Point them to a relevant forum thread or category! Ask them to meet you in group support or connect with you as a listener!

HELP WELCOME!

ALLLLL WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE!

*dances alone at my desk and wonders if anyone will join in*

secretNickel4598 March 17th, 2015

Thats all i do Laura i sit in the rooms just saying hi not letting anyone get past me i know what its like to be left out

Laura OP March 17th, 2015

But what about in this forum thread?

Find it HERE.

Cinnamon March 22nd, 2015

Greetings secretNickel4598,
I am Cinnamon and very new here. I am so sorry you feel left out. I know how that can feel. I wish there was a way that members could just talk to each other but I do understand why. If you ever see me in a room, please point out that I replied to you in this forum of new people and I will be more than glad to talk to you!
I know that most of the people here are supportive and full of compassion. i have seen some trolls, people who deliberately come to a place such as this and try their best to cause problems. But they are few and far between. Give it some time Nickel and do your best to talk to people. Pretty soon you will feel right at home.
I am so glad you are here!
{{{{Hugs Nickel}}}} if you can accept one.

Sfaida March 17th, 2015

Um yes, im new here. So, hii there.

GentlyWorn March 17th, 2015

I do my best to welcome everyone when they arrive. I have come into chats and said hello and been ignored, it's very sad.

Greetings Gently Worn,
I am Cinnamon. I do understand how you feel. It can be difficult coming to a new place, especially when people already know each other and you are coming here for help. If you ever see me in a room please feel free to talk to me. Even if you have to say "Cinnamon, I need to talk to you." I will do my best to be there for you.
As much as it feels like it you are probably not being ignored. Sometimes the scrolling goes SO fast that it is hard to see who enters and even keep up with all the conversations! Please keep coming to 7 cups. The more you are here the easier it will be to meet people.
{{{{{{{Gently Worn}}}}}} A great big hug if you can accept one!

GentlyWorn March 30th, 2015

Thank you, yes I love hugs.

cooki March 18th, 2015

Imnew hai.... *does awkward face*

VintagePearl March 19th, 2015

Hi cooki!!!

Greetings Cooki,
I am so glad you are here!!! I hope I see you around. It would be great to get to know you.
{{{{{Cooki}}}}} Nice big warm hug if you can accept one!

warmheartedFriend2401 March 19th, 2015

Hi everyone, first time here.

Hello Warm Hearted Friend!
What a lovely name you chose. Hopefully I will get the chance to know you and if I do I will probably ask if I can shorten your name when I type. LOL But it is beautiful!
So glad you are here.

{{{{{Warm Hearted Friend}}}} A nice warm hearted hug if you can accept one.

VintagePearl March 19th, 2015

Hi everyone!!! Let's have a five second dance party for everyone who joins in!!! I'll start *shake shake shake... Shake shake shake... Shake yobooty!*

OrangeCaramelPop March 19th, 2015

Hi! I'm an orange!

Roadie March 19th, 2015

Hi @OrangeCaramelPop

If you don't have the best profile name and picture combo, then I don't know who does.. and yes, you are an orange :)

OrangeCaramelPop March 23rd, 2015

Aww, that's the tangiest thing anyone's ever said to me in years! Nyahaha <3

Marlenabunny7 March 19th, 2015

Hi!

Roadie March 20th, 2015

Welcome @MarlenaBunny7 :)

emotionalgirl2000 March 20th, 2015

hey everyone this is my second day here 😊

Roadie March 20th, 2015

Welcome @emotionalgirl2000! :)

Orly March 21st, 2015

Hi everyone! :) today is my first day here.

Roadie March 23rd, 2015

Welcome @Orly.. I look forward to seeing you in the forums :)

itsvanessa March 21st, 2015

me too! (:

Greetings Everyone,
I am Cinnamon. I have been here a few days so I am pretty new. I am still learning about everything 7 Cups of Tea has to offer and all the rules etc. Sometimes I get confused about things And I wish there was someone I could talk to about the rules, where to find things, what to do when certain thing happen, etc. I am going to continue to look around. I sometimes just feel lost on the web site. Also having PTSD, anxiety disorders, and dissociation makes matters worse when I am trying to find solutions to my problems.
7 Cups of Tea is really great! I already feel so much better just in the short time I have been here. I do want to become more involved and hopefully I can learn everything about the web site, rules etc and perhaps then decide to become a listener.
Thank you to everyone that read this.
Trust that you are loved, that you are never alone, that you are supported, and if we ever talk, I will give you all the compassion I can offer.
Brightest Blessings to each and everyone of you!
{{{{{{Hugs}}}}} to all that can accept one.
Sincerely,
Cinnamon

OrangeCaramelPop March 23rd, 2015

Ooh, a cinnamon! Hey there and welcome!<3

Greetings Laura. So glad to meet you. I will gladly dance along with you at your desk! May I request that we dance to something upbeat and happy? I have been making a list of happy songs. Perhaps "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves??? That song keeps running through my head and I definitely need to dance to it and would love a partner!

waitingtodie March 22nd, 2015

Hello.

Misaki05 March 22nd, 2015

Hello i'm new

deadtothisworld March 23rd, 2015

hello everyone, today is my first day as well.

Roadie March 23rd, 2015

Welcome to the community to our newest members :)

PracticalPlace5679 March 23rd, 2015

Hi everyone. Second day here. Hope to get to know everyone a lot better as time goes on. :)

Cinnamon April 12th, 2015

Greetings and Salutations to all new members! That is my Charlotte's Web introduction!
I am SO happy that you all are here! 7 cups of tea GREATLY helped me with my depression and I am now working on my anxiety. Know that whatever your issue is that brought you here or whatever issue you discover along your journey, you are never alone!
There are many resources to help you. Here are just some suggestions:
*Take part in the chat rooms, just introduce yourself, start talking, or "lurk", listen, and talk when you feel like it.
*Write in the forums and/or read them. So many people have shared their experiences and it is a great place to know you are not alone!
*At the top of the pages you will find resources on several different issues. They are great reading material.
*Personally, I LOVED The Growth Path! It helped me SO much!!! It taught me so much and I still have to write about it.
*Talk to 1 - on -1's / Listeners. They are there for you. While waiting for one of them to answer, you can chat, read a forum, read through the resources, and so on. The listener will get in touch with you as soon as they can. Even if it says they are "available" they might be on another call. If you feel you are waiting too long, you can always leave them a message and try another listener.
*A brand new feature is the Compassionate Course! One thing I messed up on was I did not realize there were videos with the course. These are right after the title of the course. I am so used to links being underlined that I didn't understand they were actual links. If you do the course, you might want to watch the videos and any other materials offered first.
*Compassionate hearts - You will often see little hearts after the names of members, listeners, and moderators. These are called Compassionate Hearts. When someone says something compassionate, kind, etc. you can "click" on the heart and it will turn red. You can give EACH person 10 hearts every 24 hours. It can really boost someone's spirit and in my opinion, it also shows how compassionate you are!
*If you have any problems with 7 cups of tea, please just ask someone! We are all here to help and will do our best to help you.

Thank you SO much for joining our 7 cups family and a big {{{hug}}}} if you can accept one! Trust that you are loved and you are not alone. Remember that stars cannot shine without the darkness and may you feel the healing love within this message.

Sincerely,
Cinnamon <3

savannah93 April 12th, 2015

Hey everyonename is Savannah and im brand new here. Im hoping i can get help with my anexity and self esteem. Im also super excited to help other people too!cheeky

leyah6060 April 12th, 2015

just signed up! I think this will be good for me. i have a history of depression and suicide attempts. I have overcome my self harm issue, its been over a year since. my depression has gotten better but still lingers. currently working on my self esteem and my sense of self worth. Normally i am afraid to let out my emotions and talk as i feel its a burden on others, dont like dumping negativity on those close to me. also i dont have anyone willing to listen even if i needed to let things out. Thankful for everyone on here willing to help others!!

Polishenigma25 April 12th, 2015

Hello everyone, my name is Sarah and I'm here in hopes of finding advice for my current relationship situation. This app was highly recommended by a close friend and I have high hopes.

Optimisticempath March 16th, 2021

@Laura

Good initiative