Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

7 Cups Leadership Guidelines

Heather225 May 7th, 2020

Thank you for being a leader on 7 Cups!

Community leaders are a significant part of our community. In stepping into a leadership role with 7 Cups, you have agreed that you align with our values and wish to uphold our mission. You have the ability to inform and influence our community members. So, it is important to lead by example and be a role model to inspire others to aspire to be someone like you to extend the support to others.

In addition to the community guidelines, rules, and policies currently in place, we are including a list of reminders, as well as one new rule.

As a community leader, you may be provided with confidential information to perform your work on a team or a project. Use this knowledge for its intended purpose only. In other words, please do not abuse your privileges. We trust you to be responsible and maintain confidentiality.

➡. Refrain from engaging in triangulation. This is a very common mistake people make without even realizing it's happening. Triangulation manifests itself in our community as one person who will not communicate directly with another person, and instead use a third person to relay communication to the second, thus forming a triangle. Triangulation is damaging because it interferes with healthy conflict-resolution and lends itself to rumor spreading by taking a private situation between two users and exposing it to more people. Read more about this and take the Triangulation Pledge.

➡. Community leaders must maintain strong boundaries. Being a role model, and a trustworthy and reliable leader, users may become dependent on you. To nurture healthy relationships with the community, it's imperative that you set boundaries for yourself and respect those of others.

➡. Community leaders accept feedback gracefully. Getting feedback can be hard to hear, especially if it's more of a constructive criticism than a praise. Leaders should be able to accept feedback gracefully if given constructively. We all are human and all have things to work on and grow.

Please honor and follow our social media policies (i.e. no off-site contact with community members). 7 Cups is a safe environment for you to build and create connections. We love that you are building supportive relationships with each other and enjoy connecting! In order to preserve this safe space, we ask you not to solicit off-site contact. Also bear in mind, once you take interactions off 7 Cups, we are unable to assist you in the event something happens outside of our site.

Reporting is our responsibility. You are the eyes of our community. We have several ways to report incidents that cover all areas of the site, and we rely on you to direct users to those channels. We also rely on you to use them as well. As the slogan goes: if you see something, say something.

We respect your right to use whatever sites you'd like. However, since we launched, we have discovered that some of our leaders have also been working with non-crisis sites that are similar to 7 Cups. We are all for competition, but we want the intention behind it to be solving broader emotional health challenges. We don't want the competition to be a negative interaction between companies. To protect our community and its ongoing progress, we ask that if you would like to pursue leadership with us that you do not affiliate yourself in leadership positions with non-crisis sites similar to 7 Cups.

(When I say similar sites, I am referring to any site that offers the same services as us. This would not include therapists, AA, NAMI, and assistance programs that share our broad goal to provide support in the healthcare industry but are not set up to operate like we do. They all offer different components that work in tandem with us.)

Leaders: please reply below if you have read and understood these rules!

If you have any questions, you may PM anyone on the community team (@Hope, @ASilentObserver, myself).

Elise79 May 16th, 2020

@SkylarTrans78 have you checked the resources in the help center? Do you have a mentor listener?

kindSoul10 May 22nd, 2020

@SkylarTrans78 please refer them to an adult-teen-listener or a teen listener.

positiveEars2722 May 15th, 2020

@Heather225 I understand and Read them!

colorfulHeart85 May 16th, 2020

@Heather225 okay thanks

heartofocsa May 16th, 2020

I'd love to be a leader!

bomnaz May 17th, 2020

@Heather225

read

GreatestClassiest May 17th, 2020

Thank you I understand

SnailPurple May 17th, 2020

@Heather225

Thanks!

dreamCat9335 May 18th, 2020

@Heather225

Understood

rebecca947 May 19th, 2020

@Heather225

Good post!

MarissaHope May 19th, 2020

I would be honored to help, and put forth a lot of effort for the best of everyone and myself!

musicalMagic May 19th, 2020

@Heather225-Thank you for this awesome post. Being a leader here is a great responsibility that I have always taken seriously and I am so very honored to be a part of this incredible team and community for nearly six years.

*Hugs* Magic💞

Realityescaping May 21st, 2020

@Heather225 understood! 😊

TheResilientDancer May 21st, 2020

:)

lvtamez May 22nd, 2020

I would love to!

sevencups2020 May 22nd, 2020

Here for becoming listener

Sinceresebas21 May 22nd, 2020

@Heather225 I understand and would love to get involved futher :)

SnailPurple May 22nd, 2020

Thanks, @Heather225! I understand :)

Desert92 May 23rd, 2020

Understood and thanks for posting

Zoff May 23rd, 2020

@Heather225 well said. Thanks for posting!

Sinceresebas21 May 24th, 2020

@Heather225 I have read the guidelines!

4Runnning44AspiringJD May 25th, 2020

@Heather225

perfect. sounds good.

Power14 May 25th, 2020

@Heather225 understood

JennMarie2 May 25th, 2020

@Heather225

Read and understood! Thanks Heather! <3

Leila22 May 25th, 2020

I understand

PeaceLoveandPaws May 25th, 2020

@Heather225

Thank you Heather.

Dababy9322 May 26th, 2020

@Heather225

Understood and thank you 😊

DeepFreud May 26th, 2020

@Heather225 well understood! :)

becausewemet May 26th, 2020

@Heather225 thank you

Bingo222 May 27th, 2020

@Heather225 :P

rosesarepretty May 27th, 2020

Understood!

I can't wait to get further involved

smiley

confidentsmiles772 May 27th, 2020

@Heather225 I have read and understand and look forward to joining

GentleFlameofCaring May 27th, 2020

@Heather225

Read and understood. Did it a while ago but never responded

Heather225 OP June 2nd, 2020

@GentleFlameofCaring

thank you

heart

Kindlover May 28th, 2020

@Heather225 got it

proudJoy7905 May 29th, 2020

@Heather225

Thank you for this. Understood. And I am happy to help.

hearyouout77 May 29th, 2020

@Heather225 Understood Heather! Happy to be a part of this

Balina101 May 29th, 2020

@Heather225

I understand completely and would LOVE to get further involved in this!!

Axelohioboi June 1st, 2020

@Heather225 I'd be interested in this role, and i have read everything.

HopieRemi June 1st, 2020

@Heather225

Totally understand!