Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Join the Communities Leadership Team!

tommy October 19th, 2023

Communities Leadership Team

Are you looking for a new challenge or want to help 7 Cups in a different way? Are you passionate about supporting others and want to help provide a safe space for people to express themselves? Then this might be the role for you! We are currently looking for new additions to join our Communities Leadership Team as Project Agents. 

What is the team and what do they do?
As a member of the team, you will be working alongside the Communities Coordinator/Ambassador and will be responsible for supporting the forums and its leaders through leadership and engagement like approving and onboarding new forum leaders, creating icebreakers and games, and helping ensure every user is acknowledged and appreciated.

If accepted, you will be allocated a number of responsibilities depending on your chosen focus. There are currently four focuses available for you to choose from:

Events
• Supporting with planning and delivering seasonal events/discussions such as holidays, Mental Health Awareness Week etc.
• Supporting leaders with planning and delivering community specific events like National Coming Out Day/Tree Planting Day etc.

Engagement
• Supporting the Needs Reply Team by helping ensure every user gets a response
• Identifying opportunities to improve engagement through effective answering, icebreakers and games across all communities

Community Building
• Supporting new or smaller communities with recognising potential and helping drive engagement
• Supporting with ad-hoc tasks and projects specific to individual communities as the need arises

Leadership
• Assisting with outreach (1-1, AMA discussions etc), approval and onboarding of new forum leaders
• Helping with forum team bonding initiatives such as team meetings and games

Welcoming team
• Assisting with the outreach, onboarding and mentoring of new forum welcoming team members
• Assisting with appreciation initiatives to showcase forum welcomers and helping ensure every user is warmly welcomed

What are the requirements?
 A clear behaviour record within the last 6 months
✔ Must have read, understood and agreed to the Leadership Guidelines 
✔ Must be a Verified Listener (applicable to listener applicants only)
✔ Must have been on 7 Cups for at least one month
✔ Must be familiar with and regularly use the forums

I want to have a different focus / I have another question...
Like all aspects of 7 Cups, the communities domain is forever evolving. If you would like to support us in a different way or have a different focus in mind, please contact tommy or CheeryMango. You can post any questions below or contact tommy/CheeryMango privately via PM.

Please find the application form HERE

Updated July 2024 by @tommy to include fifth focus: welcoming team

MistyMagic October 19th, 2023

@tommy Great post! I hope that the team gets lots of support and new leaders! 

Listening - One Step At A Time!

PatienceImpatiens October 28th, 2023

@tommy

Hi, Tommy,

I wish I had even the slightest impulse to be a leader. If I did, I would absolutely do this. I love this community and support the Mission of Compassion without a doubt.

Love, Patience

PatienceImpatiens December 28th, 2023

@tommy

I don't know why this popped up on my feed again. I just poked myself and checked, and yup, no impulse to be a leader. I'll let the Universe lead.