Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Share your recipes here

soulsings December 22nd, 2019

Hi there. Love to cook? Share your recipes here.

Blueberry pancakes �

3 egg whites beaten till frothy

add 1/8 cups yogurt

combine and add scant 1/4 cup of whole wheat or other flour + dash of nutmeg + 1/2 tsp baking powder

Add 2 Tbsps of Olive Oil

add 1/2 banana peeled and diced

add 1/2 cut frozen or fresh blueberries

dash salt if desired

Combine all above with whip or mixer - batter should be thick as cake batter. If not add little more flour

Cook in electric fry pan 300 degrees F with a coating of canola oil for 5-7 minutes per side or less for thinner pancakes. Rule of thumb when all the bubbles burst, it is time to flip and cook on the 2nd side. If using stovetop, cook low to medium heat so do not burn pancakes

Bon appetit! Enjoy!

December 22nd, 2019

@Soulsings

I don't like to cook but I have a simple and quick breakfast add on:

Cinnamon toast{ spread butter to your liking, sprinkle a dash of cinnamon and a teaspoon of sugar or as I use a sweetener toaster oven until golden brown. Add a cup of coffee or your favorite drink and that's it.

kathy3667 June 2nd, 2022
I used to have cinamin toast all the time, and it is really good. @scarletPear1945
soulsings OP December 23rd, 2019

Carob Banana Bread or Cake

I think this is mostly gluten free but not sure about bananas so maybe other fruits like dates might work (pitted)

Here is a list of supposedly gluten free foods https://www.celiac.com/articles.html/safe-gluten-free-food-list-unsafe-foods-amp-ingredients/safe-gluten-free-food-list-safe-ingredients-r181/

Preheat oven to 325 or 350

1/2 cup carob powder - 1 3/4 cups garbanzo bean flour or other non gluten flour (if you tolerate wheat you may use wheat or whole wheat flour)- 2 tsp baking powder - 1/2 tsp baking soda if tolerate the sodium combine all those in a bowl

Beat 2 eggs with mixer then add 1 cup mashed banana, cup milk or water. (Can use 3 egg whites if you prefer less fat.)

⅓ cup olive oil or oil of your choice, can use less but cake will be drier, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, blend until creamy.

Slowly combine mixed dry ingredients with eggs and banana creamy mixture

At end you can add cups of cashews or any nuts or carob chips for a very caroby experience. Or for smoother texture add 1/4 to 1/3 cup almond butter instead of cashews. You can reduce olive oil if you like.

Oil pan, I like 9X13 because gives thinner like brownies. Use whatever size you have. Bake 30 minutes then test if done. If cooking thin layer takes less. Thicker could be 15-30 minutes longer. Insert fork in center when comes out dry then it is done.

I can never let it cool before I try a piece.

kala October 1st, 2022

@soulsings

My favorite.

soulsings OP December 23rd, 2019

sugar free ice cream Carob or other

I think this is mostly gluten free but not sure about bananas so maybe other fruits like dates might work (pitted)

Here is a list of supposedly gluten free foods �https://www.celiac.com/articles.html/safe-gluten-free-food-list-unsafe-foods-amp-ingredients/safe-gluten-free-food-list-safe-ingredients-r181/

Here is my winging it recipe for ice milk with bananas and carob powder. about 4 cups in a liter. There are no strict measurements. Alter to your taste.

2 cups of milk (whatever fat level you drink) put in ice cube trays so only filled halfway then freeze them.

1/2 cup of liquid milk held aside

2/3 to 1 cup of frozen, skin removed, bananas

1/8 to a 1/4 cup of smooth almond butter according to how much fat you want. I use skim milk so I go with a 1/4 cup �

1/4 cup of carob powder

1 tsp vanilla extract

STEPS
1) Food processor the ice milk cubes until frosty snow
and empty into bowl �
2) Food processor frozen banana breaking them into smaller pieces to make it easier to puree them.
3) Add almond butter, vanilla, and 1/2 cup milk to pureed frozen banana and puree all ingredients till smooth.
4) Add carob powder to puree in food processor.
5) Cover carob powder with frosty snow that is in separate bowl and blend in food processor until all ingredients mixed. �
6) Taste and adjust anything by adding if needed (sweetener for instance)
7) Serve immediately and put uneaten portion into the freezer is some kind of container. I just thought it might be okay to use the ice cube trays and then you take out as many cubes as you want after they are frozen and let sit out till soft or for impatient eaters, defrost in microwave for 20-30 seconds. If you put in a large container you may have to microwave for a minute or two to cut into pie shaped slices or scoop out. Break apart pieces uneaten and refreeze.

Let me know how this sounds.

Lauren63 January 11th, 2020

1 lg frozen hash brown potatoes

2 c. Grated cheddar cheese

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 8 oz sour cream ( can use light)

1 stick ( 8 tbs ) butter, melted

4 TVs chopped onion

Mix together in 13x9 baking dish.

2 c. Crushed saltines ( 1 sleeve )

1 stick (8 tbs) butter

Crush saltines, mix with melted butter. Spread on top. Bake at 350 degrees f for 1 hour. Enjoy.!

soulsings OP January 11th, 2020

@Lauren63 wow lauren this sounds like a rich treat. Thanks for sharing

Lauren63 January 12th, 2020

Worked for a side dish at Christmas @soulsings

soulsings OP January 12th, 2020

@Lauren63 nice

amiablePeace77 January 16th, 2020

@Lauren63

Lauren that sounds heavenly for a special day! Can I exchange the chicken soup with vegetable broth as I am vegetarian or does it change the taste of the dish completely?

Lauren63 January 17th, 2020

@amiablePeace77 I would say it would be better to use a cream soup. Say cream of mushroom. Would that work? If not try it, Theres no calories! 🤓

amiablePeace77 January 17th, 2020

@Lauren63

that's a good idea Lauren, I'll give it a shot, love mushrooms anyway laugh

kathy3667 June 2nd, 2022

Here's A Recipe That Is Great For Picnics, Warning It Is Very Sweet

Lemonade Pie

1 Box Vanilla Wafers

1 Can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk

1 6 oz. Frozen Pink Lemonade Defrosted*

* Only Sell 12 oz. - Use Half - Make Lemonade w/o Other Half

1 Smalll Carton Cool Whip (8 oz.)

Mix togther Eagle Brand Milk & Pink Lemonade

Fold In Cool Whip

Pour Into Vanilla Wafer Pie Shell

Chill
@amiablePeace77

amiablePeace77 June 2nd, 2022

@kathy3667

Sounds like a very special treat!

amiablePeace77 January 16th, 2020

Sweet Potatoe Pudding

2 big sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in cubes, 1 big onion cut in cubes, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 Tbsp margarine, 1 Tbsp browning, 1 Tbsp (or more or less ) hot pepper sauce (not a must though), 1/4 tsp cloves, 1 Tbsp mixed italian herbs

put all in a blender and blend very fine

transfer into bowl which can take heat and put it into a bigger pot (it has to stand on a steaming rack or just metal cookie moulds, it works wink if you do not have steamer), pot needs to be closed

steam for about 1 hour, it should have the consistency of a paste.

serve with cucumber slices and onions marinaded in lemon or lime juice with hot pepper sauce

ENJOY laugh

kala October 1st, 2022

@amiablePeace77

Yumm. I would like to try. Your cooking is so nice.

amiablePeace77 January 17th, 2020

@soulsings

Those pancakes are heavenly! Never thought they turn out so fluffy particularly since I used whole wheat and chick pea flour. Thanks for this great recipie!laugh

soulsings OP January 17th, 2020

@amiablePeace77 yes the eggs really make it fluffy and light. I beat the egg whites with a whip and that helps and combine all ingredients with a hand whip .

amiablePeace77 January 19th, 2020

@soulsings

I forgot to beat the egg white but still they turned out awesome. Thanks for mentioning it so that I can do it next time. It's a great way for me to get tasty protein laugh

Lauren63 January 19th, 2020

,@amiablePeace77 looks like success 👍😊!

soulsings OP January 19th, 2020

@Lauren63 ami is a good cook from what I hear!

Lauren63 January 19th, 2020

@soulsings You must be too! Its your recipe. Looks like it would be good.

soulsings OP January 20th, 2020

@Lauren63 thanks for your kind words!

amiablePeace77 February 2nd, 2020

This is a recipie for little snack buns

12 sachets Stevia (the 1 portion ones) or 175 g honey

4 TB water

1 TB soja flour

250 g whole wheat flour

1 TB Carob powder (if you have but not necessarily required)

a little clove powder

1 tsp cinnamon powder

1 tsp anise (powdered)

3 tsp baking powder

2 TB cacao powder

150 gr raisins, apricots, dates (whatever is available)

Put everthing in a bowl, mix, add a little water if required, form small buns and bake at 200 degree Celsius for about 15 to 20 min.

Enjoy laugh

soulsings OP February 3rd, 2020

@amiablePeace77 thanks for that recipe!

amiablePeace77 March 22nd, 2020

Crunchy Rolls wink

3 cups of whole wheat flour

tsp salt

1 TB oil

tsp baking powder

1 tsp dry yeast

1 liter water, 3 TB baking soda

Mix flour, salt, oil, tsp baking powder and yeast

Add enough luke-warm water to get a non-sticky but not too dry dough

Leave dough covered (with paper towel or something else) for 15 min. at room temperature

Form rolls out of dough, leave to rise to double size (depending on room temperature 20-30 min. or longer)

Preheat oven to 375 degree F

Boil 1 liter water, add 3 TB baking soda (this base is not dangerous but please avoid contact with aluminium pans or cookening utensils).

Add rolls (if pot is smaller do not add all at the same time but in portions), cook 2 minutes, take out, drain on paper towel and

Bake at 375 degree F for abt. 20-30 min. (depending on roll size) until golden brown.

ENJOY! laugh

soulsings OP March 22nd, 2020

@amiablePeace77 thanks for that great recipe

amiablePeace77 March 25th, 2020

Â

Â

Hi beautiful people  laugh

Today I like to share a 5-10 minutes meal, I hope others wil  join in sharing some quick to make recipies here.

I will start with the first one.

Vegetable Soup for 1-2 persons

Ingredients (of your choice, example)

1 medium onion, 1 celery stalk, 1 carrot medium size, 1 sweet pepper Â

cleaned, cut into big pieces

1. Heat pan with little oil, boil separately 2 cups of water

2. Put everything into the blender and blend a small pieces (not too fine)

3. Stir-fry for abt. 3 minutes (optionally add 1 tsp curry powder)

4. Add the 2 cups of boiling water (optionally with vegetable stock and/or coconut milk)

5. Thicken with 1 TB chickpea flour or  (dry flower mixed with some cold water) optionally tapioca flour (thanks again to soulsings for the tip  smiley)

ENJOY

Â

Â

Â

Goldcherry2113 April 5th, 2020

@amiablePeace77 I'm going to try making this. It looks so good.

amiablePeace77 April 5th, 2020

@Goldcherry2113

I find it's really yummy, let me know how you liked it smiley

cal1860 March 28th, 2020

Emergency bread

1lb self-raising flour (4 cups cake flour)

1 teaspoon salt

2 oz margarine (1/4 cup)

1/2 pint milk (-ish)

Method

Mix flour & salt, rub in margarine

Add the milk & mix to a soft dough (add a little extra milk if mixture seems dry & won't bind)

Shape lightly & place into a 1lb loaf tin & cover with tin foil (or place another 1lb loaf tin on top & clip the two together using bulldog clips)

Bake in the middle of a moderate oven 180C or 325F, gas mark 3, for about an hour

Hopefully, you'll end up with a tasty, soft, cake-like bread and not a house-brick wink

soulsings OP March 29th, 2020

@cal1860 thanks for that recipe.

If you do not have margarine you can substitute andy kind of vegetable oil.

amiablePeace77 April 1st, 2020

@cal1860

Cal, thank you so much for sharing this recipie, will try. Could this work with different kind of flours too like mixing whole wheat and chickpea for example?

soulsings OP April 1st, 2020

@cal1860 what I was wondering if some kind of leavening would raise the bread. Like baking powder or yeast.

I have made bread without leavening before and ended up with a brick

soulsings OP April 14th, 2020

easy sauteed onion rings and fried mushrooms

1 large or 2 medium onions -Turn onion on its side. Slice off both ends. Slice off 1/4-3/8 inch strips (I like sweet ones) I punch out the "rings" so I get circular onion rings. You can use centers too.

Slice 8 oz raw mushrooms into 3/8" inch stips

Combine 1 beaten egg + 1/2 cup milk or water + 2 Tbsp 1/2 Cup Flour + dash salt, onion powder, garlic powder and 1/2 tsp soy sauce [to kick it up add a dash of cayenne or hot sauce]

Make batter smooth. If too thick add milk or water for less coating. If too thin add flour and combine again for thicker coating.

Heat pan to 375 and coat bottom with non burning oil like Canola or Sesame oil

Dunk pieces of onion iin batter using tongs and let excess batter drain off

Put pieces in pan. when finished cook 3 minutes then turn over and cook 3 minutes on other side

Cool one and try one and see if done to your taste.

Remove from pan when done and put on toweling or paper bag to absorb excess oil.

Bon appetit (enjoy)

amiablePeace77 April 14th, 2020

Green Banana Kebab

Take 4 medium sized organic green banana, any type, I use West Indian Banana, because its our local one but you can use others too.

Wash banana properly, cut top and tail off

Steam or boil until soft

Let cool down and take of peel (keep peel for next recipie see below)

Put banana into blender and

add

1 TB curry powder, 1 garlic clove, salt to taste (I hardly use salt), 1 TB oil if wanted you can add cumin powder and cardamom, hot sauce (basically the spices you like)

mix in blender until everything is properly combined and you get a paste (you might have to add a little water)

put into a bowl

chop 1 medium sized onion and add to mixture (for texture), if you have chopped fresh cilantro leaves

make small balls or flat burgers and fry until golden brown

goes well with a vegetable curry and paratha roti laugh

Green Banana Peel Burger

Take the peel from the kebab above or you can use washed fresh green banana peel

Use a spoon to take off the white banana coating so that only peel is left (you can use this paste for compost or face mask). This step is required so that the burger does not taste like banana.

With a fork cut peel lengthwise in stripes, option use knive

chop into pieces

add 1 medium sizes chopped onion, 1 egg white

mix with barbeque sauce, hot sauce or any spices you like, salt to taste

add whole wheat flour, chickpea flour or any flour you like (optionally soaked soja granulates)

to get a dough, form burger

fry until golden brown

amiablePeace77 July 13th, 2020

Vegan bacon cheeky

4 green banana

3 Tbsp Braggs amino acid or soy sauce

1 Tb vegan oyster sauce, molasses or maple syrup

tsp vegan liquid smoke or smoked paprika

2-3 Tbsp oil (virgin olive oil, canola oil) use an oil which can take higher temperatures, if you use virgin olive oil avoid going to smoking point

1 clove crushed garlic or tsp garlic powder

- Rinse bananas. Peel them. Slice or tear each banana peel into 4 strips lengthwise. Using a spoon, scrape off the white inside part of the peel, if white is left they will taste like banana and not bacon.

- In a dish large enough to hold your banana peels, mix braggs soy sauce,vegan oyster sauce or maple syrup, vegan liquid smoke and crushed garlic, which is your marinade. Add peel to marinade and toss to coat. Let peels marinade at room temperature for at least 10 minutes, but a few hours are even better.

- When ready to cook bacon, heat oil over medium in a large skillet or fry pan. I use a grill pan. Add peels and fry each a couple of minutes per side until they turn golden and the skin bubbles. I used a pair of tongs to pick up a peel and turn it over. Be Careful not to burn them!

- Enjoy with a big salad made with lettuce, tomatoes, sweet peppers, cucumber, grated carrots (whatever you like) and lentil sprouts (recipe to sprout lentils to follow) laugh

@lampapaya @GeorgieUK

amiablePeace77 July 19th, 2020

How to sprout lentils surprise

If you do not have a sprouting kit, just use a rectangular or square strainer (small mesh) and put it into any plastic container, so that water can run off. Cover with any kind of lid or a kitchen towel.

In my opinion sprouts grow better when kept dark, so I cover my sprouting kid with a kitchen towel.

enlightenedHow to:

Soak 30 gr of green lentils in water overnight, rinse

Cover strainer bottom with kitchen paper (like Bounty or what you have, cheese cloth works too)

In the morning - Add lentils, cover

In the eve - Rinse strainer with lentils

Do step 1 and 2 for 3 or 4 days or longer. You can eat the lentils when they have small sprouts or leave them in longer like for example 5 or 6 days and get microgreens. Just take them out of the strainer, rinse thoroughly and eat raw or add to stir fry. They keep fresh in a container for up to 1 week.

They will have a nice nutty taste and are healthy and delicious for salads.

soulsings OP July 22nd, 2020

@amiablePeace77 great idea ami.

I hear in the dark does nice sprouts but if you want them a little greener a few days after they sprouted in the sun makes them greener.

amiablePeace77 August 5th, 2020

@soulsings

Never thought about that but makes sense. Will try because I prefer to get the microgreen. Thank you!