Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The world seems so different...

indigoCherry6084 December 22nd, 2022

I have recently divorced for the second time. The last time I was single (10 years ago), I could work during the week and go out on the weekends to drink and dance. It seemed easy to connect with people. Now, it seems like everyone is distracted. Even my almost 80 year old mother can't hold a conversation without looking at her phone (FB). My hello doesn't get a response and people look at me like I'm weird if I say excuse me or thank you. Maybe I am weird... My circle was already small as far as friends and got even smaller during the time I was married. I winded up changing a lot, becoming more introverted. I also started the spiritual journey and that made me more serious because I became aware of other people's suffering and all of the crazy stuff going on in the world.

So, I've been teleworking since 2020 and now live alone. It's getting hard for me to leave the house at all. I'm getting depressed and feel tired. I'm always overeating and gaining massive weight, but that's another whole issue. Right now I just need to learn how to break out of my shyness and make some friends off of (FB). Maybe help other people. I don't know...

indigoCherry6084 OP December 22nd, 2022

@discreetSugar176 Thank you!

KarmaTheRascal December 22nd, 2022

@indigoCherry6084

Well you're defintley not weird, i'm 17, and i'm similar to you, well with the whole being ignored and looked at weird with using manners. Maybe you can make some friends off of here as well. 😊 I know alot of people have had wonderful experiences on here. I also have taken the spiritual journey and it's amazing. It has defintley opened my eyes. I udnerstand becoming depressed, not wanting to leave and becoming more introverted, as being looked at weird for using manners. It simple ettiquette(If I spelled this wrong let me know). There is nothing wrong with that at all. But maybe make a to-do list, or goals or so. Maybe even a reward system for yourself. Maybe it will help with motivation.

@KarmaTheRascal Wow, what a wise 17 y/o! Thanks for the great advice, appreciated. 😊

Iamwhoiamwhoami December 22nd, 2022

@indigoCherry6084

you are truly not alone, If you have read any of my ramblings, I can relate to the you’re feeling.

spongbobishappy December 22nd, 2022

@indigoCherry6084

I am inviting you to join me in the Sharing Circle chat room ! 😊

I'm working right now but will check for your postings this evening. Thanks for the invite!