Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I just feel like a fool for trying and that it's no use now

goodSpruce3041 January 23rd

I'm in my 60's. I worked hard to achieve, to make something of my talents, but I have failed - that is, I have developed my talents so that I'm actually good at what I do - some say very good (made the Dean's List at my college), but I can't make much money at it. Because of a layoff, cancer, and an auto-immune disorder, plus having to isolate because of COVID (my doctor thinks that the vaccine might have GIVEN me the auto-immune disorder), I have been stuck at home for nearly two years. My savings have drastically dwindled. I will never be able to retire unless a miracle happens.

I feel like I ruined my life chasing my dreams. All I want to do now is just wait for the inevitable bad end. Get evicted, and end it.

Tinywhisper11 January 23rd

@goodSpruce3041 keeps you in my prayers, and asks for a miracle ❤ can you not get financial help for disabilities? I don't have a immune system either, because of my disabilities and the operations. So I know how much that sucks😥 sorry sweetie. Chasing your dreams, pursuing and developing your skills in things you enjoy. Back in the day that made you happy right?? If the answer is yes, then you didn't fail, cause the meaning of life is happiness. Have faith that something is waiting just around the corner, something that will help you financially. Gives you a giant tiny hug ❤

goodSpruce3041 OP January 24th

@Tinywhisper11

Thank you! :)