Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What's the coolest thing that happened to you this week?

Rattles July 14th, 2018

I just had the week from hell, and the hell part didn't end with the week. But, I also had an incredibly cool moment in the field that gave me a much needed boost. So I had this idea to start a thread where we share the coolest moment of the week. If we can come up with one cool moment, we can say the week wasn't all bad, right?

So here's my cool thing to start it off. Two nights ago, while on my regular snake rescue patrol, my partner and I came across a big male rattlesnake who we've moved often enough to recognize him. We both jumped out of the SUV to say hello and move him on his way. He's a big boy, and it was hot, so he had the energy to really MOVE. When my partner reached for him with a hook, he zipped striaght to me and cuddled up againt my leg, behind my foot, as if expecting me to protect him from the scary hook! Then he noticed his tail was still hanging out, so he pulled that in, but that was a lot of snake to hide behind my small foot so he ended up all piled up, squashed up against my leg.

Of course he wasnt really cuddling with me. I was just a convenient thing to hide behind, but still sweet, We let him just hang out there until he started nosing at the opening to my pant leg and pushing the denim aside, clearly considering climbing up inside the leg of my jeans. At that point we reluctantly decided it was probably time to pick him up and send him on his way, so we did, but... cutest rattley encounter ever!!

Your turn!! Anything cool happen to you this week?

DaveMcGrath July 30th, 2018

@Rattles

Not sure they'd let me keep my dog in jail. :P

Rattles OP July 31st, 2018

@DaveMcGrath There is that.

MeaningfulSilence July 29th, 2018

@DaveMcGrath

Good to see you here !

DaveMcGrath July 29th, 2018

@BeyondTheInvisible

Likewise Beyond!

Rattles OP July 30th, 2018

@DaveMcGrath Well, since I'm in the 50+ group, I'm happy to hear that!

JolivetteListens July 29th, 2018

This week I made a 100% on a midterm for the first time in life. Even as a grade school kid I never aced a test with a smooooooth 100. I am all smiles about it. laugh

@JolivetteListens

That's cool!

How nice you did it and even nicer you enjoyed that!

@JolivetteListens Congrats! Great work!!

listenermegs July 29th, 2018

my baby cousin said my name for the first time, that was pretty cool

@listenermegs

Awww, so sweet! heart

@BeyondTheInvisible she is adorable

amiablePeace77 July 29th, 2018

@listenermegs

You must have been so proud smiley

@amiablePeace77

i was and still am heheh

@listenermegs Too cute!!

Erksike July 29th, 2018

Coolest thing this week? Opening my fridge. Because it's fucking hot everywhere.

amiablePeace77 July 29th, 2018

Finished the design for a home project and got the parts.

@amiablePeace77 Cool! Good luck with it!!

amiablePeace77 July 30th, 2018

@Rattles

Hey Rattles, thanks, a bit of luck is always helpful laugh

CalmWhisper22 July 29th, 2018

The coolest thing that happened to me this week is we met with the Navy recruiters and my younger son decided what type of job he would like to do and is going up tomorrow to sign paper work and will go start basic training after he graduates next June.

@DanaMH Cool! Although, in these uncertain times, a little scary too.

CalmWhisper22 July 30th, 2018

@Rattles

Very true that during those uncertain times and when they are dark I will be a very worried mom.

sherethelove August 20th, 2018

I bought for my mom a gift, this was pretty cool.

Rattles OP August 28th, 2018

@sherethelove Definitely a cool thing!!