Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Just saying hi

peachplumxox September 23rd

Hello I’m 36 and definitely became way more focused on “the second half” of life (as I’ve been calling it). I am a first year graduate student trying to have a better life for myself and I’m nowhere NEAR where o thought I would be in life. Twice divorced, no kids, no real savings or investments or vacations to speak of. Life looks different than I thought it would at 18 but I also knew nothing then! Anyway just trying to figure out this whole aging thing and really wanting to get the second half right. Looking forward to connecting. 

Heather225 September 23rd

@peachplumxox

hey, welcome to Cups! I can definitely relate as someone in the second half as well. i think you've taken a good first step into the second half joining us. i hope you find some great support here!

Frankie111 Thursday

@peachplumxox

I understand where you're coming from. I’m also in the second half of life, also a graduate student, and find that some parts of my life don't match what I envisaged for myself in my 20s.

It’s alright that life doesn’t look exactly like you envisaged. Like you said, as an 18 year old you had little perspective.

I feel like so many of us strive to figure it out or get our life together, yet in my experience that focus can end up meaning that we zoom in on what we lack opposed to embracing all that’s good in our lives.

Regarding this whole aging thing and getting the second half right, I like to remind myself that life is a journey not a destination. That helps me find contentment in the present, which is more fulfilling and leads to a healthier state of mind.

GumballMachine Thursday

@Frankie111 I personally don't plan anything in my life because nothing EVER goes to plan. Like you said, "life is a journey, not a destination."

joiejeveux 22 hours ago

@peachplumxox sorry to hear that. Also feeling lost in this second half..

ingeniousLove9924 9 hours ago

@peachplumxox

Hey, 

Greetings for the day!

Feel free to message if you want to share further. ❤️

Please take care.

Thank you.

eternalHeart2708 5 hours ago

Hey welcome to 7Cups!