Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Brand New, PTSD, ADHD and parenting

YorkTzu May 21st, 2023

Hello all.

42, dad, PTSD , ADHD, and a learning parent.

Kid is 8 yo, hyper ADHD, both me and my spouse and disabled in one way or another. I find a lot of the parenting advice to be for fully functioning people, and I'm just not always capable.

Hopping to connect with people that aren't as concerned with looking like their life is all in a row. And are ok with the fact that we all have struggles.

Good luck and thanks 👍

York

purplelady568 May 21st, 2023

@YorkTzu - York, hello! Welcome here, and thanks so much for telling us about you, your family, and what you've been dealing with lately.

There is a saying that says "i dont have ducks, OR a row! I have squirrels, and they are EVERYWHERE!" I think it is important that we remember no person, or family, is perfect. Everyone has struggles, and it's really helpful when we can support each other through them. Sometimes, just telling someone else what you are dealing with, can help lighten the load.

I hope that you can find solutions that work well for you, your spouse and your son. And I hope that you find an encouraging, supportive community here at 7cups.

Please reach out to a volunteer listener, at any time, if you'd like to chat 1-1 about what you are thinking/feeling. www.7cups.com/ BrowseListeners/

YorkTzu OP May 24th, 2023

Thank you!

I'm definitely a squirrels, blue jay, two clowns and chipmunk type of person.