Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling disconnected lately

strwberryhearts December 25th, 2022

These past few days I’ve been feeling really disconnected lately and it’s starting to bother me deep down. I don’t know if it’s because of the holiday’s or what. It just feels like something isn’t right but I don’t know what it is…. Has anyone ever felt this way before?

I’ve been distracting myself from even feeling emotions too as well by playing games on my phone all day, deleted social media apps and stuff like that. But not so long ago the feeling of realization hit me and I just feel weird. It’s like a sad and disconnected from everything feeling but I don’t know why.

Hopefully this feeling goes away after Christmas is over with because the holidays are the worst now.

Creamyyy December 25th, 2022

@strwberryhearts aw sorry to hear you're feeling this way...can you push yourself to engage in something and perhaps you will feel a sense of connection then.. Hope you feel better.

strwberryhearts OP December 25th, 2022

@Creamyyy

Thank you so much :(

Espejo December 25th, 2022

@strwberryhearts

The holidays can stir feelings of disconnect in people. I've had similar feelings, not during the holidays, but during intense times at work. I would disconnect from my feelings and others so as to not feel burnout so intensely.

One thing that helped me was to accept my feelings of frustration, unhappiness, etc. It has taken me a while to get in better touch with my feelings because they are signs to what my body needs. Since then I've made sure to prioritize self-care in whatever form that might take: sleep, eating well, doing things I enjoy like reading, watching tv, spending time with friends, etc.

I hope you feel better soon friend. Feeling disconnected was not a good feeling for me so I'll be sending over positivity on your journey. Best of luck. 💙

strwberryhearts OP December 25th, 2022

@Espejo

Hello and thank you so much for saying that, it means alot. I will try my best to do that… :)

Espejo December 25th, 2022

@strwberryhearts

You're welcome! This is a good community to vent and learn from others too :)