Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Not Quite 35

politePeach9642 August 31st, 2023

Hi, I’m not quite 35, but I would like to know what are the differences between people age 30-34 and people age 35+. Is there something new that I should look forward to when turning 35? Is that when menopause starts?

What advice could you give me to prepare myself for 35?

Clio9876 September 2nd, 2023

@politePeach9642

HI. Welcome to 35+. I believe that everyone is different. What one person experiences at 35 might be very different to another. So we can't really say what happens at 35, because it will be different for each person.

Here at 35+ we tend to discuss topics that will likely be of more interest to someone over 35+. But that doesn't exclude any subject (as long as it isn't harmful or hurtful, of course!). And it doesn't exclude any person, whether they are 35+, not quite 35 or no way near 35. If you want to join in, you are welcome.

politePeach9642 OP September 3rd, 2023

@Clio9876

Thank you! I joined this community to see what to look forward to and to also communicate with others around my age. To be honest, I feel kind of disconnected with others in their early 20’s. I feel like ever since I turned 30 (years ago), there’s a lot of things that changed for me physically, socially, and emotionally. For example, my metabolism slowed down, so I can’t eat as much as a would like to, I’m afraid 😄

Clio9876 September 4th, 2023

@politePeach9642

Maye something to look forward to is an increasing nonchalance about age. I hadn't thought about it too much, but it is true that when we are young, we tend to only associate with people in the same 12 month bracket as ourselves. Whereas people in my age range seem happy to have associates in a ten or 20 year bracket.