Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

No one teach me I should care about my self until

littlebear111 October 12th, 2023

Yes no one.

All people around me seems to like energetic ,positive confident man, all with smile and kindness.

I was raised up to be strong, never been told that my feeling is important.

Guided by this belief, I worked hard, studied hard. I do got relative good university degree, but exhausted now.

toughTiger6481 October 12th, 2023

@littlebear111

I think you have a great point .... many do not learn this ever  or only after they have reached a point of feeling exhausted and with little left to give.

You are not alone in this feeling ... and you need to learn sometimes by trail and error what helps you.

perhaps that is why no one bothers to try to teach self care,  because what comforts and refills our selves is different for everyone. 

Yougotmyback October 12th, 2023

Hi, a big hug to you.❤️🤗

I can relate to you on so many levels. A lot of people ask us in daily life about what we're achieving and what we're working for but not how we're feeling.

But if they don't, then it becomes even more important for us to take care of ourselves. You know a lot of people seem strong from the outside. As you said, we are raised up to be strong. Many of them don't show their real emotions and hence we feel they're all energetic and positive but this may not be the case. If you go out and talk, surprisingly you'll find that other people think about you the same way.

I know how taking care of yourself can be hard when you've no way to express how you are feeling. I've struggled with it all my life but now I'm taking steps towards it. First of all, we need to understand the whys and hows. For that, I use a diary and write everything down. I write my achievements every month, challenges and emotional struggles and observe. Observing them helped me learn about my behaviour patterns too. So, I highly recommend doing that.

Try to spend time with yourself. Without any distractions. Just self talk. Understand your basic needs first. The things that are necessary for your well being and the ones that are causing unnecessary emotional burden. Free yourself from toxic people. If not every one of them then at least a few. Try to do things you liked once but not anymore. You can try these things for 5 mins everyday and improve with time.

Also, don't beat yourself up if you're tired to do them of feel like taking rest. Keep at least one rest day per week. A day when you allow yourself to completely free yourself of the burdens.

And hey, we're all here for you! 🌟🤍

Rooting for you everyday.

Hope some of these things help. If not, you can respond to this same post and we can think of something else. 🐾

Remember, small steps everyday.

You're enough and never let anyone feel you otherwise.