Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Depressed

sadandstruggling December 29th, 2022

I don’t know if there is anyone that can help me stop feeling the way I’m feeling. For the last 7-8 years I have been bed bound. Before this I was up walking working driving doing…. But now I have to rely on someone for everything. And what’s bothering me the most is that no one seems to understand why I’m depressed. Yes my home life is good but I feel like such a burden on the ones that are here for me. And I’m told all the time that I’m not a burden but when I have to call someone or wake someone up just so I can go to the bathroom… I can’t stop this feeling and I can’t stand it. No one understands what it’s like to have to go to the bathroom but have to either wait or just rely on another person to stop whatever they are doing just to come help someone do something that normal people do on their own.

MarillaCuthbert December 29th, 2022

I’m so sorry you feel like a burden. Your situation sounds very hard. It’s good you are reaching out here. Do you have resources to seek medical and therapeutic help?

sadandstruggling OP December 30th, 2022

I have looked into it but there is always someone here and how can I talk to someone (through face time or such) because I can’t get out to go see someone but I can’t really talk with there being others in the home with me. Not very private that way. That’s why I’ve reached out here just hoping I could talk about the things that bother me.

PhylomenaD1965 December 29th, 2022

Hi. There's an app call 7cup that is very useful. I tried it for the first time today, and it's great. Helped me out ALOT! It's free and 100% anonymous. No one knows you're doing it. You don't HAVE to tell anyone. That's what I love about it! What's causing you to feel like this? Did you lose a job? Failed relationships? Family troubles? They have apps that are diaries and journals. Start journaling and keeping track of everything you feel. May not be as bad as all that! Are you on meds? Do they need adjusting?

I’m not on meds and I do journal which does help some but I am just struggling and don’t know how to stop this feeling of being a burden.

spongbobishappy December 29th, 2022

@sadandstruggling

I am inviting you to the Sharing Circle chat room where you may meet and share with other members of 7Cups.com ! 😊

Is this not what I’m on I’ma bit confused this is 7cups right?

jennysunrise8 December 30th, 2022

@sadandstruggling yes this is part of 7cups that your on but its the forum part of 7cups there are other things you can do on here like go to group chatrooms and talk to people or private message a listener here but you can also just write here in this thread you created thats fine

it sounds like you wish you had more privacy and could do more for yourself without having to ask other people to help - even though people tell you your not a burden you just want to be more independent and do things for yourself so maybe talk to the people you live with and tell them how you feel about wanting more privacy everyone wants some privacy including the people you live with and that is something that can happen but people dont know how you feel unless you tell them how you feel

Tinywhisper11 December 30th, 2022

@sadandstruggling gives you giant tiny hug ❤ I'm 22 years old my spine is broken so they had to amputate my legs I'm also missing a few fingers. So yeah I also rely on people's care at all times. It's not quite the same though cause your feeling guilty for being a burden on love ones. I don't have any family so I'm not sure what your going through with that mentally ❤ I live in a care home I don't have any parents or family. So for me it's more embarrassing than anything. But you know what we have to make the best of what we have. ❤ I found humour telling jokes helps me alot. I hope you find something that helps you too ❤

Oh sweetie… 🤗🫂 you’re so young… and to not have any family. I’m so sorry you have to go through this. I know I’m the one asking for help here but if you ever need to talk I’m here!

Tinywhisper11 December 30th, 2022

@sadandstruggling thanks ❤ gives you big hug ❤ i know it's hard but we are warriors we are strong! You and me are gonna be just fine ❤ always believe that something good is about to happen ❤

Intuitivepark234 January 6th, 2023

Hi Sadandstruggling,

I believe I know the feeling. We all feel like that at some point of our life. I believe the first thing to do is to accept how you are.

People are happy to help and it usually doesnt bother them to help you. You are surround by people willing to help. You feel embarrassed to ask because you are shy and respectful about other and this is a great quality to have.

Matbe see what you can do for them in exchange. You obviously have access to internet. Maybe you can find things to do for them online and this way you will feel less guilty.

Send you some love xx

deathNcupcakes December 30th, 2022

I think we all need to have a feeling of purpose in life. When we contribute less than others it has a huge weight on put self worth and makes it hard to appreciate our continued existence. It's extra hard to ask for help. It's incredibly frustrating to not be able to do things able bodied people can do.

Folks who are able bodied caretakers cannot relate to us because they get the opposite feeling from the exchange. It costs them very little effort to help us with things that are monumental difficulties to do on our own. Our needs become their serotonin. They can't begin to fathom why were sad about it.

You're not a burden, you're an opportunity for them to do a nice thing. Your needs for help are a chance for care intimacy.

And your need to have purpose are valid. So look for a hobby or activity that's within your physical capabilities and know it's okay to struggle