Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

struggling to make decisions

Keineahnung123 May 3rd

How do peolpe know how to make descisions? How do people know what they want, and if they are doing the right thing (or not and change their way) and if they are doing it right? 

I feel like i dont know who i am, what i want and mostly what do do (in general but also the little) things) im always wondeing if it maks sense what im donig or if im just weird. Is what im currently doing even what i wanna do? idk, but i wouldnt know what id wanna do instead. How are people confident with what they do and what goals they are trying to achive? 

Does anoyone can relate? Or anyone that felt like this? If it got better what changed, what helped you?

Tinywhisper11 May 3rd

@Keineahnung123 hey sweetie your definitely not alone ❤ the uncertainty about the future, uncertainty of we make the right choices do the right thing. Well each of us have different paths. We will never know what is gonna happen next, so it's kinda like a video game. You can worry about the what if's! Or shoulda dones, or you can continue in your own game of life. Remember time is not wasted, it never can be. And if you choose happy, then your world will be a better 

Keineahnung123 OP May 3rd

@Tinywhisper11 Youre right, there is no perfect way to live life, but we gotta make the best out of it. I know that in therory, but i dont know whats holding me back. Maybe someday ill understand it for real

Tinywhisper11 May 3rd

@Keineahnung123 yeah it's easier said than done. But don't worry we are here for you ❤ hugs you tightly ❤❤ everything will be ok ❤

@Tinywhisper11 <3

toughTiger6481 May 3rd

@Keineahnung123

Life happens and the idea of a career or job or even friends sometimes change ...even after a long time 

some people find what they want by trial and error ... people who look confident make decisions often based on the best available facts  but can change or pivot with changes.  others make excuses of why they do not change so their original  decision was "right" in their head. No one but them is keeping score and a person able to change is worth more as a friend or employee then a person stuck in a loop. 

most of the people I know found themselves and their path by trying and then changing not saying "well i said at one time this is what i will do ....so i am stuck with it."   

so by my examples many have hesitation and unsure about decisions like you but make them anyway and adjust as they go. IMO the idea that so many others KNOW their plan for life forever ... they make it look that way and unless you really look close you do not see the pivots. 

@toughTiger6481 I think one of my problems is to find a first approach, a way to start. Maybe i also have too high expectations. I always think if i do someting and put a lot off energy and effort into it, it better be a good thing / "worth it" or at least make sense, but that makes it harder to make a descision. 

But its good to know and keep in mind that others are unsure sometimes too, they just dont show it. I wish people would show it, it would make it easier for people like me who sometimes think they are the only ones that cant get the hang of it. But i mean i dont want others to know about my insecureties too so i cant blame them.