Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

We need a live discussion group for peri-menopause and menopause

I find this forum too difficult to access and not very interactive. It would be good to have some live discussion on coping in peri-menopause and menopause.

I'd like to see a more permanent discussion group for us slightly more mature souls. I can't keep up with the speed of the other groups and they seem to talk about school and relationship angst. I'm too old for all that drama!

friendlyCat50 May 2nd, 2022

I agree that it would be good to have live discussion for coping with menopause and peri menopause.

I am 60 and my newest symptoms seems to be more forgetful. Not sure if it is regular aging or menopause related.

amiablePeace77 May 3rd, 2022

@friendlyCat50 @affectionateBeechwood3335

Thank you for sharing your ideas with us! We do not have a particular discussion rn just for peri/menopause but many discussions can be helpful to learn to cope like for example Emotional Self-Care (May 12), Practising patience as we get older (May 17), Reinventing who we are (May 19) or Being comfortable with ourselves (May 20). Hope to see you there!

adventurousBranch3786 May 2nd, 2022

@affectionateBeechwood3335. Hi 50+ has open chat on Monday’s at 6:30pm est and Friday’s at 6pm est. There are also 1to1 listeners. (You can browse listeners for sex and age).

friendlyCat50 May 2nd, 2022

Thank you for this information!

adventurousBranch3786 May 3rd, 2022

@friendlyCat50 Your welcome. There are also guided discussions. (I will try to post the schedule).

DiggityD08 August 16th, 2022

I’m so tired of sweating!!! It’s ridiculous.

amiablePeace77 August 17th, 2022

@DiggityD08

I can relate DiggityD08. It's no fun standing somewhere and all over sudden you're completely wet because of your own sweat! This happened to me when I was going through menopause. Something I found helpful is eating beans, particularly chick peas for more hormone balance (in good amounts but not excessively). I also always had a spray bottle of water next to my bed to get a quick cool down when needed.

DiggityD08 August 17th, 2022

Thanks for the tip!!

amiablePeace77 August 17th, 2022

@DiggityD08

You're welcome.

magicalOcean594 August 17th, 2022

@affectionateBeechwood3335

i think this is a wonderful idea beech<3

Please reach out to the relevant team for this, and if you dont know who that might be, i can provide you with those resources! Good luck, and i hope that it happens, as this is a real topic for women and it needs to be discussed as many women dont even know what changes are going on with there body or were not informed and also alot of women during this struggle deal with some mental health issues<3 brilliant love, wish you the best

peace love and happiness <3

AffyAvo August 18th, 2022

@affectionateBeechwood3335 I think anyone can now host a discussion. Getting a specific room may be difficult but you could either write a discussion and get that approved or host an open chat on the topic. I'm not sure if anyone can host in any topic room, if so doing this in 50+ would make sense. A banner would be ip so people would know the topic. If you cannot do it in 50+ it would go into something like the Special Events room, again with a banner.

DiggityD08 August 18th, 2022

I went to the doctor to see if anything could be done to help my sweating. I’m still on the pill so she changed me to another pill with more estrogen. Ugh. This is awful.

amiablePeace77 August 20th, 2022

@DiggityD08

I hope this change will help with your sweating.

TheJeff November 3rd, 2022

I agree… menopause is a VERY important subject mentally and physically. I would love to discuss and get advice.

I am the loving husband of an amazing wife that has newly entered the journey of menopause. So many struggles for her and for our relationship. It would be a blessing to discuss this with others!!!!

adventurousBranch3786 November 4th, 2022

@TheJeff. Hi I have been through menopause. I can it here in this forum if you are interested.

TheJeff November 5th, 2022

That would be wonderful.

adventurousBranch3786 November 6th, 2022

@TheJeff

I had a more difficult time during peri menopause would hormonal mood swings. How are you and your wife doing?

TheJeff November 6th, 2022

We are doing ok this week. We had a very in depth talk. We literally grew up together and are best friends… so we have the ability to talk as best friends do. The reality check that each of us is feeling brought us around the corner.

However, we both realize this could easily shift with the mood changes. So, one day at a time and trying to think of how the other is feeling before reacting.

I feel terrible that she has to experience this, but assure her that she is not alone. She is normally the life of the party, so her being pulled back and less fun than her normal… is a huge struggle for her. I took her dancing and let her enjoy a good night being silly and having fun.

But day by day is our current reality.

We both just learned that the average length of menopause is 7 years. YIKES, lol 😱😂.

toughTiger6481 November 7th, 2022

@TheJeff

Interesting atke i have heard of many issues with couples in this type age range and perhaps the disconnect is really a menopause issue....

I am recently very moody although i have not had it bad at all so far compared to my friends and frankly when my spouse says you can be fine then really really moody and *** off ......... i do not see it that way but small things are very irritating to me. perhaps it is mood swings associated with menopause

TheJeff November 7th, 2022

Identifying it as a possibility, that is might be an issue, is half the battle! Sounds like you two have a good relationship to work through things. That’s important for both partners.

adventurousBranch3786 November 7th, 2022

@TheJeff. I did have several challenging year’s although I can’t remember exactly how many. One positive note. After those difficult years finished things have been much better for me!