Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

PMS Sucks life out of me

VioletSurvival0 February 29th

Hello everyone,

I don't know for how long I am suffering from this now, probably one year, probably two years. The truth is that I lost sense of time, and it feels like I have been suffering from severe PMS since centuries. 

My symtoms are extreme and heavy up to the point where it paralaize me for two weeks, almost half of the month, or half of my life. I suffer from sever hot flashes, sleep changes, mostly it's hard to sleep even with sleeping bills. But then I find my self super sleepy and exhausted the whole day and I can't even function. My depression worsen, and I find my self into crying episodes out of no reason. Headaches that doesn't get better with bills. Back and pelvis pain, crumps, and sweats, nausea. Sometimes I feel like I am going to lose conscious. I have no energy the whole period, and I am extremly extremly tired. Mostly the period is very very light and short in comparesion to past years. 

This have been affecting my daily routine, I am not even able to cook or finish small assignments for work or study. Sometimes not even to leave my bed, nor to take a bath. This makes me really frustrated becauase when my period and physical helath stands infront of my goals and dealy life routine, it just makes everything worse. I need to finish my studies, I need to gain money and I can't get abscent from work for half a month everytime. All this will improve my mental health, but it's not happening since I am restrained by my symptoms. 

I have been taking Vitex agnus-castus for more than one year now, I am taking anti-depressants, sleeping pills, I even tried Acupuncture which actually helped the first month, but again this month it didn't. Also, it's expensive, I can't keep taking it constantly. 

I just want to give up on everything and relax, life already hard but thus makes things harder. I would like to hear suggestions, advices or if any of you went through something similar. how did she deal with it?

Thanks xoxoxo

Mya000 March 5th

@VioletSurvival0 I'm truly sorry to hear about what you're going through. It sounds incredibly challenging and overwhelming to deal with such severe PMS symptoms. It must be incredibly frustrating to feel like your daily life and goals are being hindered by these symptoms.

It's understandable that you would feel disheartened when something that initially helped doesn't seem to be as effective anymore, especially considering the financial strain it can add.

As for suggestions or advice, I would recommend seeking guidance from a healthcare professional who specializes in women's health or reproductive issues. They may be able to offer additional treatment options or adjustments to your current regimen that could provide relief. Additionally, exploring lifestyle changes such as exercise, stress management techniques, and mindfulness practices might also be beneficial in managing your symptoms.

Regarding acupuncture, while it's understandable that you gave it a try and experienced some initial relief, it's important to note that scientific studies on acupuncture's efficacy have shown that it has no proven benefits.

In the meantime, please remember to take care of yourself as best you can. It's okay to feel overwhelmed, but try to be kind to yourself and give yourself credit for how much you're already doing to cope with your symptoms. Feel free to reach out anytime if you need someone to talk to. Sending you support during this difficult time, take care <3