Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I randomly found it on Google

mjiyn2010 September 23rd, 2015

I've been having a bad episode of depression now for quite some time. I finally got to a point where I knew I couldn't do this on my own anymore...but I somewhat recently moved out of the country and I don't really have access to mental health professionals here. So I literally just google searched for someone to talk to and it led me here. It isn't a perfect solution to professional help, but I believe it will help me get through until I'm home and can get the help I need.

Cadium September 23rd, 2015

I'm so happy you found us. Sometime talking out a problem is just what someone needs no matter how big or small. Regardless 7 Cups has a great community which I love to be apart of everyday and I'm happy to have you apart of it now as well :)

Stuckinneutral September 23rd, 2015

I went thru depression about 3 years ago, I went an saw my family doctor who puy me on antidepressants(of coarse), and put thru a recommendation to talk to a professional, i was put on a waiting list, after about 5 months I stopped taking the meds, I thought I was better, a month later I got a call from the mental health professionals and I told them in didn't need to speak with them. Now, I've been having that feeling again, the feeling of failure, loneliness, and being stuck in a rut, watching everyone move on with their lives and leaving me behind, so I did the same, I searched the Google app store for an app that may help me, or a support group, so I'm hoping this works out

Staying positive

Cadium September 23rd, 2015

Staying positive is great. There are many ways to get help here.

1st You can check out our self-help guides located up top (if on PC)

2nd The member chat rooms are a great place to talk with others and pass your time away.

3rd Open a listener support request and talk wit someone 1v1!

tahleeheretohelp September 23rd, 2015

I was on TSWatch on tumblr and they suggested it as a method of getting help/being understood. And when I was better I decided to become a listener; now here I am being a mod and helping people :)

JustMe83 September 23rd, 2015

I had been scrawling the net for a while looking for help, when I also randomly came upon the page via Google. It has been a great source of help for me. I currently suffer with Depression/Stress/Mild Anxiety. It has been a wonderful place to come and know there's always someone here who will listen. I have found the Group Support Chat great for providing a distraction, by the time I sign off the site I feel better.

I can't thank the creators of 7 Cups enough, it's been an invaluable source of help and guidance.

easyWater4109 October 3rd, 2015

I was considering getting a therapist to get help for my depression so I was Googling around and stumbled across 7 Cups. It's been so very helpful and I'm grateful.

azureTalker1011 October 3rd, 2015

same!