Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I get depressed from music.

Carnage1 March 29th, 2015

I listen to many types of music, and they all depress me, but i continue to listen. For some reason the sadness is addicting.

MyAutumnLeaves March 29th, 2015

I know what you mean. It's comforting to listen to music that sounds like how you feel.

Carnage1 OP March 29th, 2015

Finally someone who understands!!!

therapinto March 29th, 2015

Listening to sad music when you're sad is like digging a pit that is already 2 meters deep. The more you dig deep the more you'll end up feeling lower.

jburtt March 29th, 2015

I find music to be a fantastic outlet. However, you often go searching for the emotions you have in you, in the songs, or listen to songs that match your feelings purposefully, as an attempt to connect to something. Even if you are aware of this, you can pop on something cheery, but rarely does it ever fill the void like a somber melody that plays to your sadness.

funnyStrawberries5996 March 29th, 2015

The music I listen to when I'm depressed is yoga music it feels like bunch of bee stings in my brain and I go numb than the depression goes away... ( enya-enigma-music from India-just to give examples)...

humorousTriangle605 March 29th, 2015

Could you suggest some song names?

funnyStrawberries5996 March 29th, 2015

I use this free app called ( songza)... And it has this station called " ambient" music ... Groups like koanare there as well as the others .. It's free and awesome ...

humorousTriangle605 March 29th, 2015

Ok.Thanks. will try it out.