Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How I found 7cupsoftea

endlesslove752 December 26th, 2014

WhenI was in a much darker place a member of myproanamentioned this site and how it helped her through recovery. Nearly a year later i finally became a member. I am so happy I did :)

Stephanieb December 31st, 2014

TWITTER!!! I saw some suicide awareness tweets doing the rounds on twitter and I saw a listening service called "7 cups of tea" advertised by someone saying not to suffer in silence. As soon as I saw it, I instantly felt inclined to become a listener :) I have no also applied to become a volunteer for the Samaritans (a listening service in the UK) so I can help people who were as distressed as I was when I had mental health problems. You don't have to feel alone... ever. Twitter can be a real godsend

HouseElf August 19th, 2015

I also found this place through myproana.

crown August 19th, 2015

Got a recommendation from a beauty forum (lol) in a psychology thread. So here i am~

KaylaBella August 19th, 2015

I heard about 7cups from a listener on here who went to a chat site I used to go to.

IBeOreo March 10th, 2016

I know that this thread is old and hasn't been posted on in a while, but I felt like I should share that I also found this site through MyProAna. Though, I have been on there for over five years, and I can't see myself leaving anytime soon..

Tingler March 31st, 2016

I came to this site after searching online for advice on my sittuation. I had already to my GP who was very helpful and sympathetic,but she has done all she can for me. It's when I'm home alone when the demons come in and my mind wanders.

I thought of the Samaratins and other sites but decided on this one and was grateful I did. I had an intial chat with a very supporive listener which I cut short as I was feeling too low in myself to keep it going. I was glad the listener did not "push" me to continue as some others would have done.