Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hello there!

bubbleField9847 February 10th, 2023

Hello there, 7 Cups Community! This is not my first foray into a mental health community, since i've joined this very website when maybe i was 17/18 years of age (im 26 now) and i had a terrible experience with a listener who judged me so harshly for my problems that i quit the site immediately and never came back till now. I've grown up now and recognise he probably was an extremely ignorant and pathetic individual without empathy. But, let's focus on the present. I recently got diagnosed with BPD and was searching for an online community where to find people like me, i even tried some *** servers, but with no avail. Then i was on google and the site appeared and i said ''oh well, let's give it another chanche.'' and here i am. I'm still wary of listeners here because of that experience, and i'll probably mainly partecipate more in the threads of the community, which seems pretty friendly and open minded.

Well, i'll see you around!

SkylusWings February 10th, 2023

@bubbleField9847

Hi there! Welcome back to 7 cups! I'm so sorry you had that experience with a listener in the past. That should never have happened. Listeners are to be open minded, non judgemental and friendly. I'm so sorry that person let you down in their duty as a listener. I'm really glad that you have returned to the website. Being a part of the community and support groups should prove very helpful for you. And hopefully if in future if you feel up to it you might consider trying another listener? I'll be glad to listen to you as I'm sure will many others.

sunnyWriting4806 February 11th, 2023

@bubbleField9847

Welcome back! and yes so sorry for that bad experience in the past. Hope they were able to realize that they weren't being helpful to you. Hope this new return will be much better than your last experience!

Jamieanimallover February 11th, 2023

@bubbleField9847 Unfortunately in community services a lot of people get into it for the right reasons often being because they want to provide support though their lived experience so what they suffered wont happen to anyone else like it happened to them. Unfortunately this field also attracts people who are doing it for the wrong reasons and it's 100 percent not a reflection on you at all it's on them either way. Remember that.
Welcome back though and I'm glad that you're back here with us. I really hope you have a better experience this time. :) Also, you were very courageous coming back here. You should be so proud of yourself. I know I'm proud of you.