Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hello All

UberRuminator July 12th, 2021

I am an “old” guy and have dealt with more trauma over the last few years than I would like.

Three years ago, I found one parent dead on the floor. I took in the other parent who could not live alone. I cared for that parent until they died in 2020. One month later, I had a heart attack.

Add to that I am the executor of my parent’s estate; which results in a considerable amount of stress.

I believe I have anxiety, depression and PTSD. They manifested themselves in chronic insomnia which started right after the heart attack. As a matter of fact, I am writing this around 5AM; having been awake all night.

Due to all of this, it has been exactly one year since I have been able to work.

I guess my main reason for coming here is that I hope to get some help with my sleep.

Thanks for reading.

jeanniej1 July 14th, 2021

Hey there! I am new here too and so sorry to hear of all that you have been though and admire your strength through it all. Welcome to the community, I hope it helps you, and hope you can get some sleep soon too!

UberRuminator OP July 14th, 2021

Thank you @jeanniej1

UberRuminator OP July 14th, 2021

@afriendtolisten7799. Thank you. Someone else suggested CBD chews. There seem to be many brands and strengths. Which do you use?