Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Join the 7 Cups Welcome Committee (Forums Track)!

Heather225 July 23rd

The hardest part of the journey is sometimes the beginning, and this is especially true of our newbies. We as a community have the power and ability to ensure they get properly oriented and supported so that their journey is smooth.

I have been actively contacting newbies over the past couple of months and the results have been inspiring. Roughly 80% of those I sent a personal message responded to me and very appreciatively! That's a really big deal because those people have a much higher chance of being retained (retained = staying on 7 Cups). But I need help! So it's with great excitement, I announce the revamped relaunch of the Welcome Committee!

Through this initiative, we can meet our newcomers at the start with a friendly welcome (think hospitality, a greeter, etc.). 

The team is split into two tracks: PM (original post detailing this) and Forum.

If you prefer engaging in public forums, this track is for you!

In this role, you will be scanning the forums and responding to posts made by newbies. Examples of posts are the official Welcome Thread, new introduction posts and questions from newcomers. You and your teammates are the friendly faces on the frontline making sure our newbies are seen.

There's a few requirements just to be sure Welcomers are familiar with the basics of our platform.

Requirements for Forum Team
✔ 15 forum posts
✔ No behavior reports (BPS) within 3 months
✔ Maintenance criteria: 2-3 hours a month to dedicate to this project

The monthly quota is 30 repliee.

By joining us, you can make a huge difference in our community's growth.

I look forward to building this team with you!

>>> Apply here! <<<

Questions? Reach out to @Mel!

ducktales-ducktales2017.gif

Woo! @heather225 happy to see this project being revamped!🥰

pamharley003 August 8th

@Heather225

I joined justt have to read everything sent to me in a private message and then begin helping. Does it count when I am automatic welcome and it sends a generated message?