Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I’m so stressed I can’t sleep

ToBeAbleToHaveAPeacefulDay December 21st, 2023

I am stressed about college and I have never felt so afraid for my future like this before, I’m 23( ik many will see me too young to be stressed) but I’m applying for a program that I might get in and my family is looking up to me but I feel like I failed them, I wasted 4 years of my life not knowing what to do with my life and now I feel like if I start I will get my bachelor’s degree by the age of 27 and then work for couple of years before applying to med school which will take another 6 years so all in all, I’ll start working and focusing on my life when im in my 40s. I feel so stressed and depressed I can’t eat, sleep, and I am in the verge of crying 24/7. What do I do? 

Ps: my family loves me and they aren’t pressured me it’s just me who wants to make them proud 

Mya000 December 29th, 2023

@ToBeAbleToHaveAPeacefulDay I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling this way, but it's commendable that you're opening up about it. First and foremost, it's important to recognize that your age doesn't diminish the validity of your stress. Everyone's journey is unique, and comparing yourself to others can be overwhelming.

It's okay not to have everything figured out. Life is a journey, and paths can be winding. Your dedication to pursuing further education and making your family proud is truly admirable. Remember, your worth isn't determined by the timeline of achievements.

Consider breaking down your goals into smaller, more manageable steps. Focus on the immediate steps you need to take for the program you're applying to. Seeking support from friends, family, or even a psychologist can be incredibly beneficial during times of stress.

Take care of yourself, both mentally and physically. Make sure to get enough rest, eat well, and engage in activities that bring you joy. If the stress persists, don't hesitate to seek professional help. Your well-being is important, and there are people and resources available to support you.

You're not alone in facing these challenges, and it's okay to ask for help. I believe in your resilience, and I'm here to listen whenever you need to talk 💙