Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Steps to set up Notification Rules!

Suryansh May 19th, 2021

Good day, everyone. I hope this post finds you all in a pleasant mood.

The majority of teams on 7 Cups use Google Sheets to record form replies. We have forms for a variety of purposes, including emergency situations/needs, such as the Chatroom Moderator Emergency form, the Chatroom Mentor Emergency form, the Chat Supporter Emergency form, and so on.

We couldn't risk missing out on emergencies and other requests that require rapid action! But how will we know when the request has been submitted? Wouldn't it be fantastic if we could be notified whenever a user fills out the form? Fortunately, Google Sheets allows us to set up Notification Rules to be notified whenever a user submits the form. For your convenience, I've included all of the steps for setting up Notification Rules for yourself below.

⭐ Steps to set up Notification Rules on the Dashboard:

❆ Open the Google Sheet where you would like to set up Notification Rules.
❆ On the top of the sheet, in the toolbar, click the "Tools" option.
Screenshot-336
❆ After clicking the "Tools" option, an options box will appear as below.

Screenshot-338

❆ From the options box, select the "Notification Rules" option, and then a dialog box will appear as shown below.
❆ From the dialog box, choose the "A user submits a form" and "Email - straight away" options, and then press "Save".
Screenshot-335

⭐ Congratulations, you've now created a Notification System that will send you an email every time a user submits a form.

I'm hoping that by doing so, the emergency/other requests will be less likely to be overlooked and that we will be able to fix the situation after we arrive. If there is a section for you to fill out the request's status, remember to do so as well. Thank you very much. Red heart

Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

ASilentObserver May 20th, 2021

@SuryanshSingh Thank you for doing this, suryansh. I appreciate it Red heart

Mel May 23rd, 2021

@SuryanshSingh very useful!! Thank you!

DanCat1128 March 20th

Did the dashboard notifications!! On to the next step 😊😊