Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Share, if you wish, something that made you feel good unexpectedly.

littleBunny2375 April 18th, 2022

Hello!

I just felt good unexpectedly and wanted to share it. Then I thought it might be nice to make a thing out of it, where you share something too - if you feel like it :)

- I wanted to visit some friends soon, hitchhiking, but I was afraid my injured back would resent my carring a backpack. Yesterday, as I was walking home, I saw this wheeled baggage on the street, being throwed away. I inspected it. It was filled with an old sheet, some broken sunglasses, a screw driver and some clean garbage, nothing leaky, just old wrapings. The baggage looks fine, the zippers work, it even smells good. The catch: The folding handle doesn't work. You can pull it with both hands as you push with one foot and it unfolds - but it doesn't really fold back again. Oh, well, it's still preferable than my backpack, so I kept it, along with the screw driver.

Anyway, to make the story short: This morning, after assuming I will never be able to fix this chinese product designed to break, I managed to fix it with the help of that screwdriver and a spoon, and now it works - not smoothly - but it works. So now I'm pretty happy

So, do you have a story to share?

Have a good day you'all :)

BlueDarkAurora April 18th, 2022

@littleBunny2375 Hey there, that's great ^-^ and you sharing this made me smile so thank you <3

diplomaticSail1449 May 21st, 2022

I just came across this thread and just wanted to share. A while ago I had a serious breakdown on the street, something triggered me and I just felt really really bad. I hid in a empty Street and sat on the ground, just crying and crying. I was alone and not even in a familiar place, I had been there. A few people passed by and didn't say anything, which is the norm. Eventually an old lady came out of a house that was near by. She asked me what was wrong but I couldn't really come up with an answer, she then asked me if was cold since I was sitting in the sun, and if I wanted to come in, I said no and thanked her, she then told me that was her house and if I ever needed anything I could just knock. I had never gotten such kindness from a stranger, it really help me feel better on that moment.

ForeverBrokenXx May 21st, 2022

@littleBunny2375

well this to me would be the thing that i think made me feel good although it might seem silly to others.

i was helping my dad work on my car and he couldn't find the right wench to get the break screw off and bleed the breaks so i went into the building and went through his tool box and searched for a smaller size i knew the size he had so i found one that i knew would work and it did and for the first time he treated me like a person an equal not a child not an inviolate that cant do anything for themselves but a person, he always treated me like this when i tried to help with anything but this was the one exception and it felt so good to have that one moment.

limeOcean5805 May 21st, 2022

Nothing. Nothing ever makes me feel good