Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New, trying to heal, and motivated to change

OhLookItsRay August 16th

Hi, I'm Ray (he, they). I'm in my thirties. I struggle with depression, anxiety, and trauma responses. I spent some of my formative years in what many consider a cult. I have been out of that environment for about 7 years now, but still struggle a bit with both coping with and understanding the world around me even though I spent most of my childhood as part of it. (My brain forgot how to people in the way that people In The Out people. Lol.) I know I am an Out People, but old ideas and habits die hard.

I like music, singing, dancing, psychology, sociology, documentaries, British period dramas apparently, and a bunch of other stuff, video games (ARK, Minecraft, Civilization, anything Bethesda), Magic: The Gathering, anime (Fullmetal, Ghibli, Ouran, Potato Lives Alone, Komi Can't Communicate), and a bunch of other things. Too many to list here lol

I spent a long time leaning on coping mechanisms that didn't serve me and am working to unlearn those, as well as a mindset I learned in a not-so-great situation. I came to 7cups to gain support, as well as to give support and learn how to support others in a healthier way, specifically my family and my husband, and to lessen the impact of my mental illness and trauma responses on them.

Thanks for having me, and I am both excited and terrified (skited, if you will) to see where the healing journey takes me.

Take care, heavens bless, and let's giggity giggity get it!

Demure106 August 17th

Just wanted to send love to you on your healing journey! 𝕐𝕠𝕦 π•˜π• π•₯ π•₯π•™π•šπ•€! @turquoiseDrum2589