Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

NeonBunny5008 January 6th, 2023

Hi everyone

I'm new here. I'm quiet and an introvert. I hate that I'm this way. I find it hard to meet new people or going anywhere alone. I have a hard time even to visit family. Starting a conversation is hard for me.

My husband and I are worried about how it will be once my 2 boys are out of the house. Because I'm not a talker even to him I don't tell him what is bothering me. I don't want to burden him with my peddy worried.

I wish I was more like him, conversation comes so easy to him. He can pick up a conversation with anyone. I wish I was like that.

innateJoy9602 January 6th, 2023

@NeonBunny5008

Hello~

I’m an introvert as well! I’m sorry you hate that trait though. I see what you mean by it. It can be tricky sometimes. I’ve met many other introverts on here though. I feel it has helped me to be around other like-minded people. Since we can encourage, support and relate to one another.

I hope you can find it just as helpful here<3 Welcome and glad to have you here!💜

NeonBunny5008 OP January 8th, 2023

I've decided my new years resolutions is to improve my communication skills. So I'm not so quiet.

I noticed lately I can go an evening without saying a word when we have company.

I have a hard time talking to my husband and kids. I don't know what to talk about.

spongbobishappy January 8th, 2023

@NeonBunny5008

I am an introverted person ! I understand !

I am inviting you to the Sharing Circle chat room where you will meet and receive

support from other members of 7Cups.com ! 😊

Ravis889 January 8th, 2023

@NeonBunny5008

I'm a huge introvert as well... I get what you're going through ❤️ It can sometimes get tough. But hey, if it makes you feel any better... introverts are like a slow website that is the coolest once they open up, and extroverts are more like pop-ups. :)

NeonBunny5008 OP January 8th, 2023

Ravis

OMG that's so funny. I never thought of it that way.

But it's true! My brother would try a conversation with me. I'd say something and pause as I think what else to say. And he'd loose interest and start another conversation with someone else. And I would be stuck hanging. So frustrated!

InquireWithin January 8th, 2023

welcome, NeonBunny. Very relatable post. I am an introvert, too, an INFJ in the Meyer-Briggs personality typing system. I have to be extraverted in my job but when I am done for the day, I go home and am very happy being alone there to recharge. I used to wish I could be more outgoing and be able to make conversation with strangers and have 100 friends like some extraverts seem to do. And I am very deliberate in how I respond, very thoughtful in my comments and answers, and sometimes the extraverts can't handle that and are flitting off to interact with someone else. Their loss! :)

I hope you will find ways to grow more comfortable in your own skin, with time.

pineapplepeanut January 8th, 2023

@NeonBunny5008

Hi NeonBunny! When I was growing up, I had a lot of issues with depression and was very introverted and shy. I didn't know then what I know now. I know some people wondered what was wrong with me. Now it took many many years for me not to dislike myself for not being outgoing or like somebody else. Not everyone can be an outgoing person or an extrovert. GOD made us all different for a reason, and introverts are just as worthy as extroverted people. I was always comparing myself with someone else, and that's a receipe for miserable living. Support from therapy or friends is a great help. Don't give up on yourself, I never did.