Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My introduction

tim2009 May 1st, 2023

My name is Timothy, but call me Tim.

I was born in Irvine (California), but my parents are Korean, so I'm currently living in South Korea.

I found this place after having a chat in ChatGPT, an AI system.

chat_1682938471.png

I joined this community due to two reasons, one was the serious altercation that I witnessed in the online community. It was a community about the characters, and there was a serious altercation that I witnessed in the online chatting room, which caused me distress and agony.

Especially, one member who was involved in the altercation ended up making threatening comments that were visible to everyone, which took a serious toll on me. The moderator of the community stepped in and ultimately gave him a 'red card', which means permanently ejected that member of the community, with no chance to rejoin. However, due to the distress, I experienced in this incident, I ended up making a decision to go inactive in the community for a long time.

Another one is a major disaster that occurred in my country last year:

Disaster info

It was a devastating scene that I've watched dead bodies in the broadcasting station since I was on duty at that time. That images haunted me a lot. It was so terrible that so many people lost their lives, so I ended up visiting the disaster site to mourn the victims. Since they are so many journalists there, I got some pictures taken. Below are two photos that journalists took, showing me on the disaster site.

3716672657704697_1682937266.jpg

article_1682937273.jpg

That fact President, nor the president's party is refusing to take responsibility added more stress on me. President's party is doing everything to protect the president and officials involved, which causing so much anger and distress from the families of victims. Even some politicians in the president's party made insensitive comments to families of victims, like 'Did victims die while saving the country?', 'As a parent, you should have stopped your children from going there'. President's party even had the huge nerve to criticize the opposition for 'instigating' the protest, but the protest was done voluntarily by angry citizens and families of victims. It was serious distress that I'm still experiencing these days...Hope the situation improves...

MidwesternCalmSeeker May 9th, 2023

@tim2009

Welcome to the 7 Cups community, Tim. I sincerely hope that this site offers nothing but encouragement and support. You have a lot of heavy thoughts, and I appreciate the time you took to share what is on your heart and mind at this time. While I cannot say that I can truly relate to everything you're going through, my heart goes out to you. I hear your struggle, and know that there are many good people out here who will listen and uplift you.

compassionateOak202 May 9th, 2023

@tim2009 Welcome to 7cups. I want to thank you for sharing your experience of how you found this platform and what you wanted to express. I hope 7cups will offer you the best support and comfort that you need in these hard times. Just know you're always welcome here 💙.

I offer my condolences to the people who lost their lives during that horrific event. The listeners and support groups are here for you if ever you feel like needing someone to talk to or to lend their ear.