Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I need advice....

appledog2006 August 8th, 2023

Recently I have been troubled by something..... I had skip my classes for doing the revision and self study for upcoming test....but I only skipped classes in which they were doing revision for test... however my teacher a kind of scolded or ....advised me to not skip classes....the topics were taught long ago....I should have finished revision long ago....if I am doing it now...means I am slacking in my prep....I ..I admit what he said was true....but later he said....if I keep this going I will not be able to pass my entrance exam....when I heard that I was that ....I was upset...when his lecture happened today ....I was not able to concentrate in classs.and .....I was kept reminding of his scolding.....I used to like his classes ... But today I don't what happened?...is it my ego that is making me dislike his lecture?

patientSky1754 August 8th, 2023

@appledog2006

If your attitude toward your teacher's lectures has changed, it's probable that the reprimands or criticisms have altered how you see him and his teaching methods. Even if the criticism is justified, it's common to feel a little protective or reluctant. But I think it is important to consider the motivation behind your teacher's remarks, though. He seems to be truly interested in your growth and success in your upcoming tests. His comments may have been intended to inspire and urge you to continue your studies. If possible, try to face the situation with an open mind instead of allowing your ego or bad emotions to control your ideas and sentiments towards your teacher. Ultimately, your teacher's job is to mentor and assist you while you pursue your academic goals, so think about talking with him to voice your concerns and get more information about his comments.

appledog2006 OP August 8th, 2023

@patientSky1754

Thank you so much for guiding me ...but I am curious... how can a person keep an open mind? ...