Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I'm new on here again

embraeycingme1 July 16th, 2023

I signed up a long time ago to become a listener, but to be honest, i didn't take it seriously. Now, I'm back on here to spread kindness and to show some support.

I've sat on the sidelines for far too long, especially when it comes to supporting other people within the 2SLGBTQIA+/LGBTQIA2S+ community, that I'm in.

I know what it's like to be apart of this community and to also struggle with my mental health and I'm here if you ever want someone to listen to you

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 16th, 2023

Welcome back, @Embraeyce1, it's great to have your supportive self with us!🌻

embraeycingme1 OP July 16th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Thanks so much! I’ve never talked to a Member before and I’m really anxious. But I want to support people. Are you willing to share some advice, please?

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 17th, 2023

@embraeycingme1

Aw understandable to feel the first chat- nerve jitters. We've all been there!

You never have to be alone, we thrive here with alot of support and encouragement from our peers, you can also consider connecting with a Listener coach or a Mentor, these are trained listeners who happily help and assist other listeners out regarding the site in general, or chat related situations and questions or resources.

Also, this is a Listener primer for you, it is full of helpful links and resources and useful information, to help you start your journey as a listener, as well as to ease your navigation around.

The Listener Support Room is always open and supportive folks are readily available to meet and support each other, feel welcomed to join us anytime.

My one tip for would be to take your time and explore the community at your pace, there's lots to explore, learn and experience.

Best wishes always. ❤

(All Text in blue is clickable)