Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Books and Philosophy

olive7295 April 3rd, 2023

Hi,

I am new here, Going through a lot and reading books (really love reading philosophy books) is one of my best comfort place.
Anyone who want to discuss books and philosophy in general, and any great book recommendation would always appreciated!

innateJoy9602 April 4th, 2023

@olive7295

Welcome!

One good philosophy book is "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle. The first philosophy book I read! šŸ’œ

olive7295 OP April 4th, 2023

@innateJoy9602

Hey, you would not believe thats the book I just bought today.

I am currently reading The myth of sisyphus by Albert Camus. Anyone interested in having philosophical discussion is welcome to message me.

alicethefrog April 8th, 2023

Donā€™t really know whether you could call this a ā€œphilosophical theoryā€, but what do you think about the Multiverse Theory? (That with every event that has multiple outcomes, a new parallel universe is created in which this event has a different outcome)

olive7295 OP April 8th, 2023

Hi,

I think if we are talking about multiverse theory, its more towards science or science friction(FYI. I am right now majoring in physics) so I think its a interesting topic of discussion. Do you know how I try to visualize multiverse would be like( one of the ways)? There is always alternative universe with different course of action. As an over-thinker before doing anything I like to think the multiple course of action and their consequences so in multiverse whatever multiple course of action I thought of would have happened. I donā€™t know if it make sense.

love to hear your perception of multiverse theory.

alicethefrog April 9th, 2023

Thatā€™s exactly how I would describe it! And if we would narrow it down, that would mean that thereā€™s an infinite amount of separate universes, as even the decay of an atom is a ā€œdecisionā€. So, as there are billions of atoms decaying (or not) in every second, billions of multiverses are created. Isnā€™t that an exciting theory? On the one hand, when you view it from a scientific perspective, but also from a philosophical one! It really makes you think of what you have in life, and how your decisions have an impact. I love this theory so, so much :)

Harbinger0 April 8th, 2023

iā€™d love to!!!! i adore philosophy :)

olive7295 OP April 8th, 2023

Hi,

any preference or which book did you liked the most?

I am currently trying to explore camus work in more details.

sourabhps April 15th, 2023

Hey. I too read a lot of books. Letā€™s discuss and recommend good books to each other

gratefulcompanion April 15th, 2023

Hi Olive! Have you ever read ā€œThe Alchemistā€ by Paul Coelho? That is my all time favorite book, I highly recommend it if you have not yet checked it out! šŸ˜Š

Greenletters89 April 19th, 2023

Hi Olive. I am Dee. I really like philosophy myself. I have been attracted to stoicism for a long time. I have been listening to Practical Stoicism podcast and reading Art of Living by Sharon Lebell. I know you just asked for book recommendations but I really think the tv show The Good Place is a fun way to learn about philosophy. Hope I have been of some help.

buildabetterworld May 1st, 2023

@olive7295

Welcome to the community! It's great to hear that you find solace in reading, particularly philosophy books. Books can be a wonderful way to explore new ideas and perspectives, and it's always great to connect with others who share your interests. If you're looking for book recommendations, there are plenty of great resources out there. In terms of philosophy, there are so many fascinating thinkers and ideas to explore. Have you read any books by Stoic philosophers like Marcus Aurelius or Epictetus? No matter what your interests, there's always something new to discover in the world of books and philosophy. Best luck to you!!!

ClassyChicken23 May 2nd, 2023

Hello, this sounds like a very intriguing discussion! I don't know much about philosophy although I've always been interested in the concept of fate and weather it's a defined path or there's a branching sector of paths you choose everything you make a choice. So, the butterfly effect?

TheArtistSystem May 3rd, 2023

@olive7295 one that i've read is called "the cross roads of should and must" its an amazing book and i loved it it's an interactive book were you can show how your growth within the mind and body over time i still have the book and i do read it still it helped me a lot during my time with struggle

hope you check it out! (its at barns and noble and prob amazon) ā¤ļø