Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Name Introduction?

OptimisticBirch January 7th, 2018

Hi, I want some insight in name introduction in 7cups personal chat :)

I'm both a listener and a member on this sites for over 2 years by now and has been tremendously helped by all people here be it when becoming a listener and a member and honestly 7cups has give me a journey worth to remember. My journey here has been pleasant with only one or two inconvenience so far.

Recently though, as a listener and member. I encounter listener or member asking about your personal contact or your real name. Although it's established already in a protocol of not sharing your contact details. I was wondering if that also includes not sharing your real name if it bothers you? Because I like 7cups the most since it can perfectly hide my identity and I feel very uncomfortable when I was in terrible state and just want to chat but instead I was asked to introduce myself. After I tell the reason why I am here (lenghty reasons), it's usually followed up with "How are you?" instead of "What's your name?". And it's making me very uncomfortable.

Although I know this might be a custom for some people.

What do you guys think?

RarelyCharlie January 9th, 2018

Personally, on 7 Cups I do not share any details that might be used to identify me in real life or on social media.

If anyone asks me for personal details it does not make me uncomfortable—I simply tell them I don't share information about myself. Sometimes that makes them annoyed. Sometimes they block me.

@OptimisticBirch

OptimisticBirch OP January 9th, 2018

@RarelyCharlie well, I never found someone blocking me (yet) but they just like to pester and guilt tripping me about that. Which is anoying at times.

Thanks for your insight :D