Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What do you usually seek by watching movies?

thecurel0ver January 10th

Maybe you watch it for the new stories, rest for brain and nothing complicated, or well-written characters? Please share! I am really interested for your perspective

@thecurel0ver

Ooh I think it's a mix hehe, sometimes to keep myself company, as a distraction, as a means of self-care, to just relax and unwind, for entertainment etc. Depends on the kind of movies too!🤔

Interesting question. How about you?

thecurel0ver OP January 10th

Thanks for answering!

as for me, I mostly seek a visual aesthetics and a great plot with interesting characters. Thank you for asking !!

@thecurel0ver That sounds amazing, what are some movies that fall under this category for you?

thecurel0ver OP January 10th

Oh that’s though!! I can’t come up with a movie that has both visuals and strong story

But I liked watching most of Wes Andersons, Tim Burtons and Sofia Coppolas works.

few random films i like:

Dead poets society (I mean ofc)

Last night in soho (love the fashion and plot)

Black swan

Not super interesting choices. I would love to get into film studies and watch more

AffyAvo January 10th

I think I'm fairly similar to Sun, most of the time for entertainment, a distraction, an escape. A lot of different types of movies can fit that.

Sometimes I do want something deeper, that leaves me thinking. I need to have the mental energy for that though. Not the type of movie when physically I'm drained.

SimonNocedaStevenson January 18th

Breaking the cliche smartly, antithesis to unnecessary overdone structures, and wholesome yet realistic.

Laila72r January 20th

movies it’s a way to escape and live in another world the way you want also those characters that you get a bond with especially when they are similar to the personality u have in mind and the story that takes you away for a few sweet moments while being happy,sad,anxious and angry for your favourite characters. I think it’s amazing

Ayoe January 21st

@thecurel0ver

An escape and well written plot and character dynamics. And the visuals. God I love good visuals. I can forgive everything else if the cinematography/visuals is just chefs kiss yanno?