Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Death of all I want

GuadalupeHM July 17th, 2023

(Sorry for my english, I will do my best)

Hi, two years ago died my mom of cancer. That was very traumatic because the guy who was her couple didnt make the decision that she wanted and now dont let me see my sisters (i am from another dad)
Also, the last new year died my dog, he was really special for me. Today I dream with my dog
At first time I only focus on my work, but at the end I was really stressed and axious.
Now I dont know what I am feeling, I only wanna sleep and I usually sleep nearly 12 hours a day.
I dont wanna do nothing, but I do.
I dont know why I am here writing, I guess I am hoping someone else who has passed something like this and be right.
If someone knows what can I do I wait your answers-

Thanks for the space ♥

mytwistedsoul July 18th, 2023

@GuadalupeHM I'm so sorry for all you've lost. To lose a parent and then not be able to see your sisters. And then to lose your dog. He was probably a great source of comfort for you I bet. Especially with what you were going through

We can't make any kind of diagnosis here but it sounds like you could be pretty depressed which is understandable. You're probably grieving a lot and sleep is a nice escape? Depression can make it so you feel like not doing anything. Idk the laws where you are but would you be able to petition for visits with your sisters? Have you given any thoughts to getting another dog? You could adopt a rescue. It's ok if you're not ready for that too. Just some ideas :) I hope things start to get better for you ❤️
juliak1968 July 18th, 2023

Hi @GuadalupeHM ,

I am sending you strength in hopes this will help you find a distraction of your choosing that you will enjoy. It's a good way to help you refocus onto good things and it does help!! Try it and don't let the past hold your future hostage. Contact me if you need somebody to chat with about anything. Try looking for a 1 on 1 listener, or try several :-)

You have come to the right place!~ 7Cups is full of kind and understanding people. You don't struggle alone on this site. You reached out and should commend yourself!~ Smile every once in a while because it is good medicine!~

Blessings, Day

LostTurtle2 July 25th, 2023

Grieving is hard and can be overwhelming. Yes, it's good to be able to talk about what you feel. It may help to write about of too. I second the idea adopting a needy dog or other animal to care for it. When we give love, it finds a way to come back to us.