Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Dealing with toxic relative - need prayers

Romona789789 September 22nd, 2023

I honestly don't know where to start. My CPTSD makes it difficult for me to assert myself and most of my trauma has come from family members. And now I have to live with one of such a relative and I feel so suffocated. The depressing feelings I used to have as a childhood, I am kind of in control of them for the past 3-4 years, but coming to stay with this relative, is such a challenge for me.

I am unable to concentrate, and they don't want me to go out at all, because they stay at home themselves, so having me like a prisoner seems great to them.

This person knows the trauma I have been through and at one point in my life acted as if they were on my side. So they know exactly what to do to trigger me.

This is so difficult for me, I can't find the courage to be my original happy self.

I am stuck, I don't know what to do.

I don't want to pity my existence, but I don't really know what to do.

My brain is just stuck somewhere.

But I want to get out of this rut.

🤕

WorkingitThrough2 September 25th, 2023

@Romona789789

I am so sorry for what you are having to go through. It sounds very hard to deal with. Feeling stuck somewhere you don't want to be is a huge problem. I feel your pain because I am dealing with a similar problem. For me, some of the things I try to do to make the best out of a bad situation Is to keep my distance from the one that is causing me to feel uncomfortable and just try to find things to do to take my mind off of my circumstances and later I sit down with pen and paper to examine all aspects of the problem and components involved. Basically a Pros and cons list of results or outcomes. Which path would be the most positive for me? We are always here for you❤️

I hope that maybe you can try a similar plan to examine

Romona789789 OP September 28th, 2023

@WorkingitThrough2

💓

amiableBlackberry92 September 28th, 2023

@Romona789789

I'm sorry your dealing with this situation. I understand it. If you can get out , pursue your life to the fullest it's empowering. Do what you love and take care of yourself. Put yourself first. Get a good therapist to help you.

I had to cut a really awful relative out of my life for my own well-being. It was hard but I had to save myself from him.

Remember your a survivor and a lot stronger than you may realize.

Best to you, your not alone

ABB 💜