Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Sexual assault

adventureawaits777 August 19th, 2022

So today I found out that my mum was sexually assaulted on a bus. It was very hard to hear and I feel so sorry and I want to do something for her, but I don't know how. She said that she fell asleep on the bus and the man beside her (who, mind you, was only about 30 and she is late 30's) was putting his hand in her pants when she woke up. She said that she completely froze, and since my mum doesn't speak the language here she couldn't do anything. My mum told me and my older sister this because we frequently take the buses here and I have always sat with random strangers and never thought twice about it. Now, I don't think I ever want to again. I'd rather walk. I always found it strange when a dude would sit right beside me when the seats behind me were empty, but I thought nothing about it.

Anyways. I just want to know what I can do to help her? I know nothing about this (as I am 15, and was raised very sheltered) and would like some advice, or simply just someone to listen, for once.

goldenEast4538 August 19th, 2022

I'm sorry for what happened to her I was in this situation before, I remember that feeling of freezing, I didn't even know what to do from the shock I think that your mother needs time to calm down, the important thing is how we will act when this situation is repeated because unfortunately these situations often happen I hope your mother is fine, and please if the situation happens again, don't let the filth get away with it

adventureawaits777 OP August 20th, 2022

@goldenEast4538

thank you for your feedback :) I'm so sorry this happened to you as well. Sometimes men are just horrible and only view women as sex objects. I'll take your advice, thank you. Hope that you got any help that you needed and was able to talk about it with someone.