Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Did my doctor say what I think she did?

anna289 April 1st, 2021

I had my annual physical yesterday and something took me by surprise. I’m 21 and a woman so I have to go through a Pap smear every 3 years starting at 21. I had one done last year at 20 because I had a different doctor at a different hospital who said I was close enough to that age. The doctor I have now couldn’t seem to see it in the system and asked if I’d be willing to do it anyway. I said yes and then she had me change into a gown and wait. She came in and did the routine stuff with the tools to take the sample and it was fine. She told me what she was doing but she was moving kind of quick. It went wrong when she had to use her fingers to check and I laughed because it tickled me and she didn’t give me warning before putting them in there. That’s when I swear I heard her say,”oh you like that huh?” under her breath. I was taken back but I got quiet and didn’t say anything and couldn’t. This doctor has known me since I was 2 and has also seen both my parents. How could she say something like that?

WelcomeToChat April 2nd, 2021

@anna289

Thanks for sharing !

You are very right to be so upset.

I am sorry for all you went through.

Keep participating in this Community !

I wish you all the best,

Marcelo.