Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The magic when the flashback ends

GhostlyLilian April 14th, 2022

Doesn't it feel like magic?

for days the most horrible and hopeless delusions seem perfectly logic and reasonable to me and I'm physically and mentally drowning in depression, guilt, anguish, anxiety and obsessive paranoia, crying myself to sleep, crying at any given moment actually, not even able to get up from bed to eat, let alone doing anything else...

and then poof ✨

I am logic again, I'm not depressed, I'm fine, I'm thinking in a completely different way, all delusions suddenly seem bullsh*t, I can do things, I do a lot of things actually and I start sorting back my life, it's all back to normal when the other day I didn't even recall what normal was like and I was starting to think it was just an illusion.

That's magic.

That's freakin' Copperfield Magic.

Like unicorns and witches βœ¨πŸ¦„

spongbobishappy April 16th, 2022

@GhostlyLilian

My flashbacks were and are so debilitating ...

GhostlyLilian OP April 16th, 2022

@hounddog2021

I feel you πŸ’™ safe hugs or flowers/chocolate/comfy blanket if you prefer. Or spring sunshine warmth on the skin, which I'm particularly enjoying lately.

I don't know what happened to you and if it got any better yet, but for me it did. I believe it is possible to get better, although it takes a lot of time and work. It took me years and I'm not even functioning yet, but flashbacks were non-stop once, I couldn't even realize they were actually flashbacks because I never experienced anything else for comparison, I had a gigantic fear that it was just me, being like that, weak and crazy to the point I was constantly broken for no reason and that it would never get better.

I was so wrong, now I know the difference between flashback and no flashback and as I keep healing they are more and more rare and last less. But it's hard to remember it in the middle of an episode. The world just turns upside down πŸ₯Ί

I wish you serenity and peace of mind πŸ’™ sending love and hope your way 🌱✨

SynSavory April 16th, 2022

@GhostlyLilian

Very true - it comes and goes like the waves of the ocean.