Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Helpful Books for Interpersonal Trauma Recovery

HopeLives23 July 8th, 2023

I'm always looking for great books that are helpful to explain about interpersonal trauma, addresses awareness, acknowledgement, coping skills, and related steps toward self-exploration and recovery.

Have you read a good book or worked through a good workbook lately on recovery from childhood abuse, sexual assault, domestic violence or sex trafficking? I'd love to know what you've read and how the book was helpful wise. Looking forward to hearing from you.

seashell145 July 12th, 2023

@HopeLives23

Since there are no replies here. I started reading this book on PTSD, and found it very captivating and full of helpful information. I read only the beginning because I have difficulty finishing non fiction books. It's called "The Body Keeps the Score" by Bessel van der Kolk. I have a feeling this might be a good book for PTSD, maybe check it out and see if it works for you. I think I will start hearing it again, will finish it some pages at a time.

KristenHR July 13th, 2023

@seashell145

That is a great book! It's pretty intense, but it's also incredibly informative.

seashell145 July 15th, 2023

@KristenHR

I'm glad you read this book too. The heads up that it's intense really helps, and I love how you described it. Sending you lots of love and positive energy Kristen. <3