Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Slum landlord

quietDay3677 June 17th, 2023

Our landlord violated our lease agreement and the law by not repairing essntials- leaky roof leaks toilet no heat not repairing screen door not providing mailbox. I documented all of this took photos. Got attorney. We submitted lease termination papers. We picked them up signed yesterday.

audienta June 22nd, 2023

@quietDay3677

I'm sorry to hear that you have to deal with that. I hope, the attorney can help you. A safe home is so important for our general sense of safety. Wishing you all the best!

PeacePink June 23rd, 2023

@quietDay3677

Our landlord violated our lease agreement and the law by not repairing essntials- leaky roof leaks toilet no heat not repairing screen door not providing mailbox.

That really sucks; I'm sorry to hear that you are having troubles with your landlord. You must feel especially frustrated since you have to pay them and continue to interact with them professionally as well, which can be awkward and rather difficult.

I documented all of this took photos. Got attorney. We submitted lease termination papers. We picked them up signed yesterday.

I'm glad to hear that there are avenues you can stand up for yourself and gain support against the poor practices, but that definitely is a hard thing to go through. It's not easy, or it is inconvenient at the very least, to challenge a landlord from an emotional and financial standpoint. So you submitted lease termination papers? What does that mean for the future, and how are you feeling about things?