Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Paranoia

Peppery94 October 1st, 2022

Do you sometimes feel that your PTSD is not always just a trauma response? Like you start to believe it is true? I'm trying to stay in the now and just think of what's going on right now, but sometimes people make me doubt it. I've reached out the Crisis line, but I still don't feel safe around certain people. And it's not like I am seeking them out, they just like cling to me. I am not trying to off myself and that's what the crisis line always asks. Which is good for me, but do you guys ever feel unsafe around people??

Lostguy21 October 1st, 2022

Hey, I can relate to this. I have C-PTSD and I also sometimes struggle to remember that my behaviors and thoughts I developed in response to trauma aren't "normal" or just the way things are. It's hard. Especially when there's people in your life that make it seem like it's normal or the way things are. But the fact that you are at least questioning it and trying to resist it means you're on the right track, and you're strong. Even if you don't feel like it. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Dealing with trauma takes time, and it's not a straight path or an easy path so be kind to yourself. Take baby steps, don't feel like you have to deal with it all at once.

And yes, feeling unsafe around certain people is normal. Prioritize your peace of mind, If leaving a situation would make you feel better then you should put yourself first.

Best wishes, LG

Peppery94 OP October 1st, 2022

I don't want to quit my job because of fear, but I also don't have a stable mind here. I had a coworker randomly ask me what I'd do if I was stranded and had no phone service. Sent a sinking feeling in my stomach :/