Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Newbie here 💁🏻‍♀️

lunalove92 April 9th, 2022

Hi everyone,

@lunalove92 here.

I’ve chosen that name because a) I was born in 1992 which makes me 29 years old at the moment and b) because I have a deep appreciation for the natural world, in particular the moon. I love the beauty and stillness of watching the moon and the stars ✨ 🌙

Im a Melbourne gal (Victoria, Australia) and love all things spiritual, vegan and nature and animal related.

Im a long time sufferer of complex ptsd which presents itself through several things but on a day to day basis mostly depression, anxiety, anxiety triggered ocd tendencies and a general fear and distrust of pretty much everything & everyone - I experienced a lot of trauma in my childhood and adolescent years. As such, I have dedicated my life to helping children and am in my third year of an education degree (only 1 year to go until I graduate!) 💖

I am a perfectionist and a hard worker but no matter what I do, I never feel it is enough. I never feel that I am enough. I have to constantly remind myself that I don’t own all the worlds problems because honestly, it feels like I do 😓

toughLand5970 April 9th, 2022

I guess I’m going through similar things

but in all I feel we should just keep working on ourselves

be a better version of ourselves

do the best we can and leave the rest

Jaeteuk April 9th, 2022

Welcome to the Student & Career Subcommunity, @lunalove92

What a meaningful name you've created! Congratulations on completing your education degree soon! I hope you'll find the support you need here with us!

Cheers~

PhenixTears April 22nd, 2022

It is hard to not let the “I’m not enough” thoughts get over whelming. It’s hard to try new and hard things with those thoughts looming. But we got this! You are going to accomplish great things. You shine as bright as the moon miss Luna and don’t forget it.

persistentSail6945 May 9th, 2022

Have you tried mirror work where you sit in front of a mirror and look yourself in the eye and say an affirmation. Ie. “I am enough” it can be tough especially if you don’t yet believe what you are saying but it builds new neuro pathways.

I’m going to share a quote that might be helpful from Brene Brown:

“wholehearted living is about engagement in our lives from a place of worthiness. It means cultivating the courage, compassion and connection to wake up in the morning and think no matter what gets done and how much is left undone, I am enough. It’s going to bed at night thinking, yes, I am I’m imperfect and vulnerable and sometimes afraid, but that doesn’t change the truth that I am also brave and worthy of love and belonging”

Be well