Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I need some advise.

EleanorHaha February 10th, 2023

Hi, I have PTSD due to domestic abuse caused by my father when I was 8. I have really bad flashbacks and I just wanted t know if anyone had any advise? I would really appreciate any advise because I've had this for 5 years now and I can't live a normal life anymore.

keithf February 12th, 2023

I had PTSD from my dad mostly revolving around alcohol. I did a lot of work on therapy and some exposure therapy. It’s still hard but I can finally find myself being around alcohol and be okay. It’s hard work but it’s so worth it

caringJoy233 February 15th, 2023

@EleanorHaha

Hello, unfortunately I am not trained to give advice but I would love to listen and support you to help you further with what is currently going on!

mytwistedsoul February 16th, 2023

@EleanorHaha Do you know how to ground yourself? I've found that focusing on my breathing can help. And using your senses - as many as you can. If your eyes are closed - try to open them. Try to listen to the sounds around you - what Do you hear? A car? A dog? Touch something with your hands. Is it cold? Smooth? Textured? There's a number of different grounding methods. They take practice though ok? So if they don't work the first time its ok - try another method. Sometimes what works one time might not work the next time - that's ok too

Just be patient with yourself ok? It takes time to learn how to handle this

Sunrisewolf February 16th, 2023

Encouraging and reminding yourself that you are safe in your current surroundings. I’m sorry you’re having flashbacks. But you aren’t there now