Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I feel like I am giving up hope (TW violence and

Alwayshungry983 April 25th, 2023

I have a boyfriend that is in boot camp right now and I have a history of trauma from having an abusive military father. My boyfriend before he reported to boot camp is such a sweetheart and incredibly loving but passionate about his dream to be in the marine. I was sending him encouraging letters until I received a letter from him saying that his drill instructor forced the other recruits to beat him up, he says that it has gotten so bad that the Navy medical personnel have to intervene. I can't help but feel scared for his safety and I never wanted him to get this hurt, he said he is "doing it for us" but I do not want him to go through *** for us. I regret letting him go and I just don't feel the same. I still support him no matter what but I am afraid of him coming back.

innateJoy9602 May 7th, 2023

@Alwayshungry983

Thatโ€™s terrible. I get why you would be worried. Iโ€™m so sorry they did that to him.

I hope having someone else intervene has brought attention to it and can help prevent it from happening again. Sending positive thoughts<3๐Ÿ’œ

Alwayshungry983 OP July 10th, 2023

Thank you for your kind messages, an update: someone did intervene and made sure he was safe. He graduated and came back from training, he's doing so much better now ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

tuffattack July 14th, 2023

@Alwayshungry983

Iโ€™m so sorry that you are going through that. That sounds terrifying! Especially from someone so close to you is getting hurt.

I hope that your boy friend is okay ๐Ÿ’™

And something chances so he does not continue to get hurt like that. How are you handling your emotions currently about the situation?