Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How do I cope with c-ptsd… TW

VaehStanifer July 5th, 2023

Everything happened one right after the other I never had a moment to feel anything. And now it’s come to a stop there’s a mountain of pain from an entire year finally was released onto me. I don’t know how to deal with it or begin a normal life... I feel helpless, and overwhelmed like I’m drowning in memories forced to relive it all over again... I’m so numb from shock but I’m in so much agony at the same time. Someone please give any advice you can on how I begin to live life with all this pain now that I’m given a minute to even feel it.

Mya000 July 6th, 2023

@VaehStanifer I'm sorry to hear that you're going through such a difficult time. It sounds like you've been carrying a heavy burden for a long time, and now that things have slowed down, all the pain and emotions are hitting you at once. It's understandable to feel overwhelmed and unsure of how to cope with it all.

First and foremost, please remember that it's okay to feel what you're feeling. Acknowledging your emotions and allowing yourself to experience them is an important part of the healing process. Give yourself permission to grieve and process everything that has happened.

It might be helpful to find a support system during this time. Reach out to someone you trust, such as a close friend, family member, or a therapist. Talking about your feelings and sharing your experiences can provide comfort and help you navigate through the pain. Additionally, a professional therapist can offer guidance and tools to cope with overwhelming emotions.

Take things one step at a time. Healing is a gradual process, and it's important to be patient with yourself. Focus on self-care and engaging in activities that bring you comfort or joy. This could include hobbies, exercise, spending time in nature, or practising mindfulness and relaxation techniques.

Remember, you don't have to go through this alone. Seek the support you need and give yourself time to heal. It's okay to ask for help, and there are people who care and want to support you on your journey towards rebuilding your life.