Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling off again

TheRealAlice96 June 28th, 2021

I haven't been on 7 cups for months. I feel like ive been doing great. I started going to the gym and that has tremendously helped my mental health. I felt this just craziness that I had never felt before and haven't had since. However the thing that I believe triggered that 2 month long episode of craziness just came up again out of the blue and the second I saw it I could feel my body being physically impacted in that instant. Im really nervous, I already can feel that I am thinking faster and am feeling on edge and I really do not want to get like I was a few months ago. I'm hoping getting back in the gym and work on Monday will distract me and make me forget I saw it.

cuteeeezombieeee June 29th, 2021

@TheRealAlice96
I'm glad to hear working out has helped you distract yourself from your traumatic experiences.heart
Getting triggered can be extremely difficult as it can make you feel like you're back at square one. I just want to let you know that healing is a long process and you'll be faced with tons of hurdles and obstacles. Your immediate reaction would be to try and run away from experiencing it and that's okay.
Maybe working out might help you distract yourself from the triggers. Some turn to therapy to accept and make peace with these feelings and experiences.
Reminder: You're not alone!

Take care of yourself~ Sierraheart

Oceanwaves16 July 3rd, 2021

I’m sorry to hear you got thrown into a episode :( The gym is a great release for a lot of people and I admire you for finding what works. Our great 7cups listeners are here to support you in a trigger as needed or if you need to talk! Thank you for using our services and we will continue to support you in the best way possible! ~Brooke