Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Exhausted

Gibby1313 January 31st, 2022

I have PTSD and insomnia. I used to be on Ambien for sleep. It helped for while and even though some nights I still couldn't fall asleep for hours, it still helped. I'm no longer on medications, I've gone through sleep therapy and have tried damn near everything to help me fall asleep and stay asleep.

Lately I've been having nightmares and episodes (more frequently than I've had in years) I only sleep maybe 2-4 hours and even then, I wake up forgetting where I am and that I'm reliving my traumatic experience. It's starting to take a toll on me physically and mentally and I feel like I'm going to snap at any moment. I'm tired or being tired.

hopezzy January 31st, 2022

Hi @Gibby1313

It must have been really exhaustive for you. Lack of sleep affects both our physical and mental health. I'm sorry that you are having a lot of nightmares like never before :/

Do you mind if I ask why did you stop the medication? Are you still going for the therapy and seeking help from the professionals?

Please reach out to them as it is frequent. Professionals can be able to provide the best support!

I hope you get better soon, Gibby ❤️

MsLindseyLobotomy April 16th, 2022

@Gibby1313 I can understand why you feel you might snap. It sounds like your both physically and mentally exhausted and in need of some quality rest. My heart goes out to you.