Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Death anxiety

Peppery94 February 2nd, 2023

Has anyone else gone through a traumatic experience that has caused you to become paranoid about dying? I got shot in the thigh a few years back. Sometimes I feel like I'm doing good but then some times I get triggered by other people and think they will or want to shoot me. I've been talking with my online therapist about my panic attacks but I still get bad vibes from certain people. I am in a loop and find it hard to live a normal life. Like are my feelings real or just a trauma response? That's where I am stuck. Even with people I was friends with before the incident, I've gotten worried about them too

fruityPond7887 February 6th, 2023

@Peppery94 Hello! I hope you are well. I am so sorry to hear about your past and all that you've experienced. That definitely is traumatic and your anxiety is warranted! What does your therapist have to say about your death anxiety and how to help combat it? I think death is something that we all worry about at times, so I don't want you to worry too much. It's normal to feel this way, especially after trauma. I have attached a few resources below if you are interested! I hope this helps! ❤️

Resources

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321939

https://www.forhims.com/blog/death-anxiety

Peppery94 OP February 9th, 2023

I appreciate the time you took to get those links for me. But these panic attacks are just getting so bad and I don't feel safe. I really just hope these are thoughts and not real gut feelings

fruityPond7887 February 10th, 2023

@Peppery94 Of course! Are you worried that you are going to harm yourself? I would definitely talk to someone you trust and seek medical care if that is a concern. I promise that these thoughts are just thoughts and they only have so much power as you give to them. If you are having thoughts of harming yourself, please reach out to 988 or you can text the Crisis Text Line at 741-741 ❤️

Peppery94 OP February 16th, 2023

@fruityPond7887 I don't want to cause self pain. I'm more worried that other people will. I'm doing my best to work through this with my counselor. I do utilize the crisis line when needed ❤️

fruityPond7887 February 16th, 2023

@Peppery94 I'm really glad to hear that you are safe and you have a counselor that helps you work through this anxiety ❤️ You're doing amazing and I'm really proud of you!

beautyofexistence February 11th, 2023

@Peppery94

You are the one thing in this world, above all other things, that you must never give up on. When I was in middle school, I was struggling with severe anxiety and depression and the help and support I received from my family and a therapist saved my life. Asking for help is the first step. You are more precious to this world than you’ll ever know