Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Complex PTSD, OCD - Do not touch me

sunnyRaspberries2129 March 13th, 2022

I want to meet people like me who have something called Complex PTSD and OCD who do not like being touched. I do not like being touched by family members or other people my whole life. No one can hug me. Is this Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Phobias, or Complex PTSD? Are there any therapists here who can help me figure this out? I would like advice from another person who is going through the same thing.

mytwistedsoul March 31st, 2022

@sunnyRaspberries2129 I don't like being touched either - but it is something that I'm working on. A therapist can help with this in a number of ways - exposure therapy or EMDR and CBT therapy. Medications can help with the anxiety and panic that you might deal with. As far as I know - most of the therapists on here do their therapy through email but I could be wrong. It would probably be a better idea to find one in your area that you can have in office visits with. They can also help with the OCD and cptsd which could be what's causing this

There could be other things going on that are causing this too. Talking with your doctor might help point you in a direction to go :)

I hope you can find some answers and help with this